UFC Undisputed 3

Gazz

Nobu 'The Asian Sensation' Yakubitskaya, my Middleweight-Turned-LHW submission artist, just experienced his first taste of defeat against Tito Ortiz. After being unable to force him to tap despite numerous submission attempts and submission switches, Nobu was TKO'd late into the 3rd round from GnP. Had a good 13 fight win streak going that's now snapped. Bastard just wouldn't stop slamming me to get out of subs :shifty:

13-1 now, and I've mastered (lvl.3) the Omoplata and Armbar from Single Collar Tie, and I have a Kimura from Half Guard at Lvl.2. Sub OFF & DEF are up to 84, gotta round out a few other stats while I earn the 150k to get stats to 90.

Title Defense mode has a couple of goals that require you to cause rocked states in a variety of positions. I've got one of them, but I have no idea how to even get into Salaverry or crucifix positions. Any ideas?

I dont know if it helps you because I'm using the simple transitions but I pressed down while in side control as Matt Hughes and went into crucifix

The salaverry position is a ground position where you're basically making an inverted crucifix and lock one arm inbetween your legs and the other arm you're holding onto - leaving one of your arms free to pound the pinned man's head, mostly either using hooks or elbows. The only thing your opponent can do is to try to transition free - and if you reverse that transition you end up in the postured full mount. Which is why this position is so very scary and powerful.

It's performed by being in the side control and holding

L1 + Minor Transition on the PS3.

LB + Minor Transition on the Xbox.

In Career Mode, it's called Transition to Salaverry Top and can be learned at:

Arizona Combat Sports

Greg Jackson's Gym

The HIT Squad

And requires Ground Grapple Offense of 60.

You learn the Elbow from:

Extreme MMA

Minnesota Martial Arts Academy

Team Militant

Team Punishment

Team Quest

The HIT Squad

And obviously requires Transition to Salaverry Top.

You learn, Armbar from Salaverry Top

AMC Pankration

Minnesota Martial Arts Academy

Team Quest

The HIT Squad

And it requires Transition to Salaverry Top.

The UFC fighters that has the Salaverry/Crucifix:

Matt Hughes has elbows

Sean Sherk doesn't have elbows

Chael Sonnen has elbows

Gray Maynard has elbows

Joe Stevensonhas elbows

Kurt Pellegrino doesn't have elbows

Thiago Silva has elbows

Luiz Cane has elbows

Ryan Bader doesn't have ebows

Jason Brilz doesn't have elbows

Minotauro Nogiuera doesn't have elbows

Cain Velasquez doesn't have elbows

Roy Nelson has elbows

Marcus Jones has elbows

Don't know if that's of any help to you

I assume that's from an Undisputed 2 FAQ? I'll take a look at Greg Jackson's Gym and see if it's there.

Alright, FOR SCIENCE. Since I still can't find an option to learn the transition, I'm going to guess that by learning a move only performed from that position, you'll get the transition as well.

YOU ARE CORRECT, SIR. Do that. I figure the same works for Rubber Guard and Crucifix and so on.

No, that's obviously not a UFC 3 FAQ because exactly one of those gyms is in UFC 3. Regardless, it's worked.

Also, my bugbear as a submission fighter is that doing damage to my opponent's legs does absolutely fuck all when I then try to get him with a kneebar or another leg-based submission attempt. How's that sensible?

I assume that's from an Undisputed 2 FAQ? I'll take a look at Greg Jackson's Gym and see if it's there.

Alright, FOR SCIENCE. Since I still can't find an option to learn the transition, I'm going to guess that by learning a move only performed from that position, you'll get the transition as well.

YOU ARE CORRECT, SIR. Do that. I figure the same works for Rubber Guard and Crucifix and so on.

So wait, you're saying if I was to learn, say, 'Transition to Mount' from Rubber Guard, without learning rubber guard, that I'd get both the Trans. to Mount from Rubber, and Rubber Guard?

Also, that's gotta be a UFC2 FAQ. When I started seeing those camp names, I started thinking 'wait.. did I really miss ALL those camps in the list somehow?!' but, no, no I did not. :shifty:

Edited by Mountainous Cleavage

Definitely from UFC 2. Marcus Jones was in the TUF Heavyweights DLC for that game and has since disappeared.

Had a Champion vs. Champion fight with Tiequan Zhang and won. Steamed through the career mode really, not including my two career losses I have only had 4 or 5 challenging fights and only 1 I can think of where it looked like I was in serious danger before coming back. Probably going to up the difficulty next time and just spend longer in WFA so I can build up my stats before I hit the UFC.

So wait, you're saying if I was to learn, say, 'Transition to Mount' from Rubber Guard, without learning rubber guard, that I'd get both the Trans. to Mount from Rubber, and Rubber Guard?

I believe so. I learned Elbow (from Salaverry) and Direct Catch to Triangle Choke (from Rubber Guard) and got the motions required to reach those positions as well. I just need the Crucifix and I can get those damn Title Defense goals.

I believe so. I learned Elbow (from Salaverry) and Direct Catch to Triangle Choke (from Rubber Guard) and got the motions required to reach those positions as well. I just need the Crucifix and I can get those damn Title Defense goals.

Beautiful. Here I was thinking I had to hunt down the butterfly guard from mount to be able to get a gogoplata for my Submission artist, but sounds a lot easier now. I'll update if it works as it sounds.

UPDATE: Yep, it definitely does work like that. I learned Gogoplata from Rubber Guard, and it gave me Rubber Guard in the process, so I'm now able to access transitions from RG :D Thanks Be :wub:

I love bending and contorting people 6 ways from Sunday.

You know what? the ground game can completely fuck off forever. It seems like the entire system works completely differently whether you're facing AI or human. I can't keep anyone down, I can never do anything more than a baby step, if I go to throw a single punch, I'm transitioned back to guard, or worse swept. Yet I can't sweep, so I have to transition every single step back to guard so I can kick the guy off.

Is there a guide or something knocking around? I've done the tutorials, but I'm none the wiser.

After slowly picking my way up the rankings and developing my skills (turns out I need some better standup in my style to be able to get some guys to be able to be subbed :shifty: ), I've now earned myself a shot at the LHW Belt. Only downside, Lyoto Machida is the champion.

After floating around between main eventing UFN and opening/undercarding UFC events for a bit including a 2nd loss to Tito Ortiz (I could fucking kill him..), I managed to put together another streak of wins. Most recently, I had a war with Matt Hamill of all people that went to the first decision of my career. I was really unsure if the judges would see it my way or not, but much to my luck I came out with the decision. Went onto my next fight to sub out Brandon Vera just before the ending bell of the 1st round, followed by a 2nd round submission win over Jason Brilz.

Looking through my potential next opponents, I came across a #1 Contender's fight against Jon Jones. I was ranked 6th overall, and was rated 83OVR to his 95OVR, so it seemed like they were trying to feed me to Jones to set up his title match. Odds were against me, and even I thought I was going to lose, but I decided to go big or go home and took the fight anyways. Trained hard up to the fight and luckily I did as Jones and I ended up battling it out until late in the 3rd round. I swung and missed with a hook and Jones grabbed me in the collar & tie. Thank god that I know the pull to guard from clinch, as I did that and immediately slapped on an omoplata. He almost escaped but I managed to crank it on and get the submission victory via Omoplata at 4:26 of the 3rd round, and earn my shot at the title - probably surprising the fight planner as much as it did me.

Now I've gotta train even harder up to this fight with Lyoto. I wasn't really expecting to make a run for the title just yet, but since it's being thrown my way, might as well run with it. My record is 25-2 (fucking Tito :angry: ) Make that 26-2, and your NEEEEEWWW UFC LIGHT---HEAVYWEIGHT---CHAMPION OF THE WORLDDDDD - NOBU 'The Asian Sensation' YAKUBITSKAYA! What a battle that was, back and forth action halfway into the 5th round. Of all of the ways for my submission artist to win the title, he KO's Lyoto Machida for his FIRST KO win of his career! 1 win by KO, 1 win by TKO, 1 win by Decision, 23 wins by Submission. :shifty:

Also, woo for getting Fighter of the Year as well. Goes along nicely with the 10 or so Subs of Nights & Years or so.