UFC Undisputed 3

Gazz

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up the game last week , cause it was on sale for $20 off.

Right now I'm 33-4-0. Current UFC Light Heavyweight Champion. I've also won the PRIDE Grand Prix. I suck at the submission system in this game, lol. I've challenged for the title twice before, and both times lost to the champ via submission. I made Rampage tap to win the title though.

I'm a Boxer, but I've got my submission skills pretty much equal to my striking now. Considering my only losses have come from Submissions, it makes sense for my fighter to spend time perfecting his submission defense.

Apparently I'm in the top 5 for Pound-for-Pound.

Edited by Grimlock

I'm a Boxer, but I've got my submission skills pretty much equal to my striking now. Considering my only losses have come from Submissions, it makes sense for my fighter to spend time perfecting his submission defense.

Working on your bottom grapple game would probably be a good idea too, and possibly learning some sweeps and transitions. If you're struggling to get standing it'll wear you out and make you easier to submit. Plus if you get rocked on the ground, it's a huge plus to the guy trying to submit you.

I personally love the submission mechanic, it's like EAMMA's but better. You really have to work on it to submit people in the higher difficulties though.

Sliding heel hook is cheap as fuck though. Especially with the submission transition.

Working on your bottom grapple game would probably be a good idea too, and possibly learning some sweeps and transitions. If you're struggling to get standing it'll wear you out and make you easier to submit. Plus if you get rocked on the ground, it's a huge plus to the guy trying to submit you.

I personally love the submission mechanic, it's like EAMMA's but better. You really have to work on it to submit people in the higher difficulties though.

Sliding heel hook is cheap as fuck though. Especially with the submission transition.

I'm glad I've been working on my sub skills, because winning being able to win via sub adds to the fun. Winning by KO and TKO every fight gets kinda boring. I have like 87 for both striking, and 90 for striking defense. My submission skills are both at 85.

I basically fight like my char's name nickname, "The Storm" though.

I beat Frank Mir so badly when I decided to go up to Heavyweight for a fight, then I went down to Middleweight for a fight, and made Sexyama tap out in under 2minutes in Round 1. I'm in the Hall of Fame, so I figure I'll take whatever fights.

Now time to defend my LHW title against a 42 year old Forrest Griffin.

---

Time for my Champion vs Champion match against Lesnar in the Heavyweight division :)

Edited by Grimlock

• 2 months later...

So I finally got this via rental, really enjoying career mode so far, haven't really ventured outside of that yet.

Currently 16-0 and Lightweight champion in WFA. Playing it on advanced, any advice on when I should make the step up? I've finally decided to fight in the UFC in a fill in fight, mainly due to it finally offering me a decent opponent who is only 71 OV (I'm at 74 currently). I've tried to pace myself until now as I thought stepping up too early would mean me getting destroyed, as it was offering me people like Maynard. Have I made a mistake in stepping up and should I fear getting destroyed very soon? :crying:

Loving the training sessions, a few of them are hard as shit though. Any advice regarding training, camps and game plans?

Also, I've learned the double leg takedown via camp, yet for some reason it wont put me straight into side control like it shows and was doing at the start of learning the move. Instead it just does a normal takedown. Any idea why?

Edited by JohnnyPerfect