nPower Football League Thread 2011/12

Lineker

It's back! :w00t:

Reckon Rickie Lambert is worth a punt for top goalscorer? He's been a machine everywhere he's played and has only got better and better since joining Southampton.

Depends on the odds, if he's 40s or so, yeah, worth a quid or two, if he's 16s I wouldn't bother. I did a top goalscorer accumulator earlier: Hernandez, Maynard, Rhodes, Le Fondre - £1 down returns just short of £8000 which I thought was pretty awesome given that they're all top strikers in their divisions.

Also, this game needs some goals second half otherwise I'm already one bet down this weekend. :angry:

You must be delighted that Hernandez is ruled out till the end of the month? :shifty:

It's back! :w00t:

Reckon Rickie Lambert is worth a punt for top goalscorer? He's been a machine everywhere he's played and has only got better and better since joining Southampton.

Depends on the odds, if he's 40s or so, yeah, worth a quid or two, if he's 16s I wouldn't bother. I did a top goalscorer accumulator earlier: Hernandez, Maynard, Rhodes, Le Fondre - £1 down returns just short of £8000 which I thought was pretty awesome given that they're all top strikers in their divisions.

Also, this game needs some goals second half otherwise I'm already one bet down this weekend. :angry:

You must be delighted that Hernandez is ruled out till the end of the month? :shifty:

He is? Balls. Nevermind, he'll only miss 3-4 games. Knew I should've taken a punt on Torres.

Just gutted PSV got done earlier and ruined my acca, had Cardiff to win. Also gutted at the lack of Big Sam interview where he'd no doubt be saying 'well the attractive football I promised didn't work so we're back to route one next week', despite this neat passing game never appearing. Long ball all day long, and you lost.

Billy Sharp and James Hayter both got stretchered off with suspected breaks, and the resultant injury time allowed us to lose in the 98th minute. All that after a 6and a half hour coach journey because the M25 was shut.

Oh good, the football season is back. :mellow:

Billy Sharp and James Hayter both got stretchered off with suspected breaks, and the resultant injury time allowed us to lose in the 98th minute. All that after a 6and a half hour coach journey because the M25 was shut.

The fact you went makes you enough a hero. I remember wanting to get the bus to Brighton last season, from Carlisle, while drunk at about 4am. It never happened as you can imagine.

Oh yes, and I still hate Lee fucking Hughes.

• Admin
Two professional footballers have appeared in court, charged with rape at a hotel in Denbighshire.

Wales and Sheffield United striker Ched Evans is jointly charged with Port Vale defender Clayton McDonald, both 22.

They are charged with raping a woman at the Premier Inn at Rhuddlan on 30 May this year.

The defendants did not enter a plea and were released on conditional bail by Prestatyn magistrates to appear before Mold Crown Court on 19 August.

Mr Evans, who was born in St Asaph, Denbighshire, has played for Wales 22 times.

In a statement issued by his club's legal team following his arrest, Mr Evans denied the charge.

Mr McDonald, formerly with Walsall, is now is a defender with League Two side Port Vale.

Both men are former Manchester City youth players.

The fact you went makes you enough a hero. I remember wanting to get the bus to Brighton last season, from Carlisle, while drunk at about 4am. It never happened as you can imagine.

Oh yes, and I still hate Lee fucking Hughes.

Ha that is a shame...good news potentially today though...neither injury is thought to be as bad as first feared and it looks like neither will be needing surgery.

I'm definitely glad though that the next 3 games are all a 10 minute drive away rather than on the south coast of the country!

See life would be easier for me if I was a die-hard Carlisle fan, twenty-thirty minute walk from the stadium, and usually can blag a lift, and opponents in our league such as Bury, Oldham and Rochdale. I'd barely have to move around. Even if I was to get to away matches with Sunderland there's still the Manchester's, Wigan, Bolton, Blackburn for me to get to. I suppose this goes to show how amazing the north west of the country is compared to the crappy rest of it.

A regional lower two tiers has always interested me, dividing the north and south of the country. Would make travelling much easier for the average fan, as I know people who have done Carlisle-London on succsessive weekends, which seems a bit much.

I have to say though, as much as I love Sunderland and going to their matches and the higher quality of football in general from the Premier League; I do love the feeling of turning up at Brunton Park, nipping through the turnstiles when the guy behind the cage buzzes me through and walking along the terrace - ducking under the barriers - to stand mere yards away from the pitch. Then a half time chicken slice is in order. Something pleasant about the simpleness of L1/L2 and in some cases Championship football. Shame the prices are sky rocketing. £18 for a Carlisle game, scandalous.