nPower Football League Thread 2011/12

Lineker

• Admin
Preston boss Graham Westley has claimed that four of his squad leaked the team's tactics to Sheffield Wednesday ahead of their 2-0 defeat on Saturday.

After the game, Westley said the Owls bench had told him that they had known about Preston's line-up and game-plan before kick-off.

The 44-year-old said: "That shows you what we are up against.

"It doesn't surprise me. When you have got people in your own camp working against you it is tough."

The defeat leaves Preston in 16th, just six points off the relegation zone.

"To stand in the dugout today and to be told by [sheffield Wednesday's] dugout that four of our players had given our side to them says where our side is at," he added.

"I have to work on the basis they they wouldn't tell me a lie."

Preston's recent form has been poor, despite the club parting ways with former manager Phil Brown and recruiting Westley as his replacement in the New Year.

Westley took charge at Deepdale after leaving League One rivals Stevenage.

The Lilywhites have won just three games out of 17 played in 2012, though Westley insists he can guide the side clear of relegation.

"It is the job and I will get on with it, I will overcome it. You have to grit your teeth and be strong."

Preston striker Iain Hume later took to his Twitter account to deny that he or any of his fellow players leaked team information before Saturday's fixture.

"Can't see [it], and hopefully [i'm] proven right, that any of my team mates would divulge info[rmation] like that," he told BBC Sport.

"We're close and it needs to stay that way!"

Preston's next game is at home to Milton Keynes Dons on Saturday, when Deepdale will pay tribute to club legend Sir Tom Finney who will be celebrating his 90th birthday.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/news/Leeds-United-fans-group-LUST-banned-for-disagreeing-with-Bates.php?id=

Bates is still refusing to overturn the ban on LUST board members purchasing tickets, an official complaint to the football league looks set to be made.

In other news, our investment/turnover ratio (i.e. money spent on wages, transfer fees, signing on fees, agents fees, performance bonuses compared to the amount the club brought in) was somewhere around the 35% mark for the year ending June 2011. Probably the lowest in the Football League by a huge distance. I haven't seen a breakdown of the full books yet but no doubt someone on a forum will post one sooner or later.

Oh and, on the field, it seems we're just as shit as when I went on holiday. It's going to take 18 points from our final 6 games to have a chance of making the playoffs... and we have the league's in-form side (Reading) to play next.

Hopefully Coventry get a glimmer of hope, only to have their kick off on the final day of the season delayed by 15 minutes by the opposing teams chairman which leads to them being beaten and relegated and then they can fuck off out of existence. :)

Good win for Carlisle yesterday against Huddersfield. Decent support as well and they played good football, that's wins over both Sheffields and Huddersfield at home this season, Brunton Park is a fortress.

Anyone watching? 400 replays of Noel Hunt fouling Lonergan, with both commentators questioning why its a foul. Its because the keepers got it in both hands, therefore the ball is dead. Now give me Don Goodmans salary.

The red card wasn't a red card, the foul shortly after it was though. The ref was awful, Reading were as dirty as we were but nothing was given. Becchio spent 90 percent of the game being elbowed and having his shirt pulled.