The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

That's how it is though. They don't like people coming into their country. Hell, I went on holiday there last month and we were treat like we were the greatest threat to homeland security they've ever seen. Demanding to know if we were related, how we were related, why we wanted to come into the country and when we'd be fucking off.

And if that's how a little working class family from Carlisle are treated then I'm not shocked that when someone with a blemish on their record, regardless how minor the crime was or how young they were or whatever, they get refused entry.

We're the same for folk with a record to be fair, remember the last furore with Snoop? But yep, I went on holiday with my now in-laws last year and they were rather cynical about me being 'on my own' going on holiday.

I'm just a bit gutted for Nile, especially since Barton reckons he has to be 'clean' for 5 years, Rangers done that and is no longer a child.

Ah, I was misreading and when he said "we're the same" I thought he meant Sunderland/Newcastle both had people with records or something. Was confused.

Of course, I know who Snoop Dogg is.. bruv..

I did, I was referring to Snoop Nosworthy.

• Admin
Manchester United winger Antonio Valencia will miss the club's pre-season tour of the United States to receive treatment on his ankle injury.

The 25-year-old Ecuadorian picked up the injury during the Copa America.

Manager Sir Alex Ferguson said: "We have the facilities back at Carrington. That is the best place for him."

United won their first tour match 4-1 against New England Revolution in Boston on Wednesday night.

Valencia picked up the injury in Ecuador's first Copa America group match against Paraguay, and while Ferguson does not believe the problem is serious, he is sending the player back to Manchester.

"He wasn't going to be taking part in the rest of Copa America, so there is no point in him coming out here if he is injured," Ferguson said.

Valencia made only eight starts in the Premier League last season after fracturing the same left ankle and suffering ligament damage during the Champions League group match against Rangers last September.

Ashley Young, who will compete with Valencia for a place in United's starting line-up, made an impressive first start in a United shirt as the Premier League champions scored four against a New England team managed by former Liverpool and Scotland defender Steve Nicol.

"His capabilities are such that he can play at wide left, he can play in behind the strikers and he can play wide right," Ferguson said of Young.

"He showed tonight he's a fantastic crosser of the ball. I think he hit three fantastic crosses in the game, which maybe isn't something we're used to with the way we play. But if we do get used to it then there's goals there. I was very satisfied."

After a goalless first half, Michael Owen opened the scoring with a low shot, from a Michael Carrick pass. Carrick then set up Italian striker Federico Macheda for the second.

New England pulled a goal back from Kenny Mansally, before Macheda restored United's two-goal advantage in the 61st minute.

Park Ji-sung sealed the victory with United's fourth goal in the 81st minute, following a Ryan Giggs pass.

United striker Wayne Rooney was happy after United's first game since the Champions League Final defeat by Barcelona in May, saying: "It's always difficult in your first game. It's a different pitch to play on. Overall, I was pleased."

United now travel to Seattle ahead of their next tour match on Wednesday. They will play the city's Sounders team, who are captained by former Millwall and Tottenham Hotspur goalkeeper Kasey Keller.

Kasey Keller is still about? That's awesome :w00t:

Glad to hear it's nothing too serious for Valencia. Was also glad to see Macheda return and bag a couple of goals.

I thought he ceased to exist about 6-7 years ago.

Glad to hear it's nothing too serious for Valencia. Was also glad to see Macheda return and bag a couple of goals.

He did, he went to the MLS after all.

Hope Valencia's alright. Tony V = legend. Get him back on the weird NASA underwater bike, that'll sort him out.

Was also glad to see Macheda return and bag a couple of goals.

Yeah, this was awesome. I still haven't quite worked out Macheda. He's obviously talented - look at some of the competitive goals he's scored in his career, most recently for United in the 2-2 against Villa, fantastic strike. I'm just not sure what system works best for him. He played a few games last season where he contributed very little, maybe against Bursaspor in the Champions League (all of the early home CL matches blend together in my mind) so I don't think he works well on his own. He probably just needs to strike up a decent partnership with one of the other strikers. He seems to enjoy these American tours, he could do with carrying the form on though.

Bit mental how young he is. A few United fans say that it's about time he started proving his worth or whatever, then you note that he's still only 19. Basically saved the 08-09 season for us!

Banned.

Banned.

:pervert:

Can't diss the MLS really, tis where we got our captain from after all.