The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

Colly, what's the word with Barton? In the team, on bench or out of the team for tomorrow do you think?

Would seem detrimental to the clubs chances not to include him in the team but exposes a lack of backbone if they do let him back in straight away. What's the consensus?

Latest quotes from Pardew are that if he's 100% fit and in the right mindset he'll play, probably at left back :shifty:

Latest rumblings seem to be that he's staying after Willy McKays statement on loads of offers seemingly proving to be bollocks, because frankly he isn't actually as good as he likes to think he is, coupled with his obvious personality flaws (understatement of the year). Its been a strange few months where both he and Enrique have stated they'd leave for Champions League football (I laughed) only for Arsenal rumours to prove nonsensical and Bolton and Stoke denying any interest at all. Enriques gone to Liverpool for more money (yes I know, it could be their year...) but the Barton outbursts might even help the club out, certainly in terms of getting him resigned on a lower wage since he's now realised that few other clubs will take a gamble on an inconsistent 29 year old with discipline issues. Turns out the grass isn't always greener and we aren't the only club who won't spunk daft money over players who don't deserve it.

Still reckon West Ham might have him though, then we'll test whether he's in it for the money or the competition.

I'd have thought the same, but if we're drafting Jonas in as emergency left back that probably puts Marveaux left wing, leaving the dilemma of Barton or Obertan (Gosling at a push) on the right. Do you bench the new boy or the naughty boy?

Truth be told predicting tomorrows team is impossible, a centre half might be emergency left back, two strikers or one, no idea at all. Nice to see Nasri and Fabregas aren't even in the squad though.

I've been excited about the start of the League for ages now, but now I'm preparing myself for the fact we're a team that couldn't defend a set piece to save ourselves last year.. about to play a team loaded with midfielders whose aim is to put it on a Carroll's bonce.

Now I'm a little scared. :(

And I still don't have Sky Sports :crying: It's so fucking expensive. Though, I might take the option just to have Sky Sports 1, which is cheaper than getting all of the packages. SS2 generally does Champions League matches, right? While 1 usually covers Premier League?

And I still don't have Sky Sports :crying: It's so fucking expensive. Though, I might take the option just to have Sky Sports 1, which is cheaper than getting all of the packages. SS2 generally does Champions League matches, right? While 1 usually covers Premier League?

Dodgy Euro Satellite in the pub FTW!!!!

AND FOOTBALLS BACK :wub::D

How much is Setanta nowadays? The fact that we not get ESPN as part of the sport package it's pretty ridiculous that Setanta still charge.

I'm working during the Newcastle game later, so it'll be phone off and media blackout until I get back and watch the recording, can't wait! :w00t:

Not in Ireland.

New season and I'm in that usual mood of 'what fucking time do I set off for a five thirty kickoff?' and more importantly 'what time do I eat?!?'. Tea time kickoffs are awful.