The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

Positives:

- Created a lot of chances and restricted United to only a few.

- AVB got his three substitutes spot-on.

- Torres scored a good goal.

Negatives:

- The result.

- Inability to convert chances.

- Torres' miss is all that will be remembered/reported/talked about, because the media are fucking tiresome like that.

Based on the fact I've not seen this Torres miss, I'm going to assume it was a bad miss but people are making it out to be worse because "lol, £50m". He's been looking a lot better (from what I've seen) lately and as long as he doesn't let the media pressure get to him, it's only a matter of time before he'll click.

In other news, I'm not looking forward to Tuesday, or more to the point the abuse from all the plastics on Wednesday.

It's a horrible miss for any striker, whether worth £1 or £1,000,000,000.

So yeah, if Torres doesn't lose the confidence he's built up over the past couple of games (two assists in midweek and now a goal), all is good. And I just won't bother to read the newspapers ever again. :shifty:

Positives:

Negatives:

- The result.

- Torres' miss is all that will be remembered/reported/talked about, because the media are fucking tiresome like that.

Based on the fact I've not seen this Torres miss, I'm going to assume it was a bad miss but people are making it out to be worse because "lol, £50m". He's been looking a lot better (from what I've seen) lately and as long as he doesn't let the media pressure get to him, it's only a matter of time before he'll click.

In other news, I'm not looking forward to Tuesday, or more to the point the abuse from all the plastics on Wednesday.

Have you been watching Mean Girls lately? :shifty:

• Like 1

Positives:

Negatives:

- The result.

Matt dreams of being Lindsay Lohan every night :pervert:

Positives:

Negatives:

- The result.

Having never watched Mean Girls, I haven't a fucking clue what you're on about. :shifty:

Positives:

Negatives:

- The result.

Matt dreams of being in Lindsay Lohan every night :pervert:

:pervert: :pervert:

Ouch. I did laugh the moment he missed, but I do feel sorry for the guy. I want him to score loads of goals to shut people up. I hate the idea that strikers are a ''waste of money'' just because they haven't set the league alight with goals. It's only his first full season there, and a lot of Chelsea fans would be happy with his general play.

• Like 1

My head was in my hands. Horrible. I do feel for him. He played well and deserved that shot to hit the back of the net. It's not as bad as Rosenthal's, and people are already trying to say it is.

for reference for those who haven't seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJBgN-0SvUI&feature=related

Forlan's too, for that matter.

For me Torres had the best game I've seen him play in 18-months yesterday so I refuse to take the piss about the miss. He ran our defenders ragged with his movement and skill, he could have had a hat-trick before that miss. I have no doubts that he's finally finding his best form again and will start to score alot of goals for Chelsea.

It's only one game it's our year this year just you watch <_<

In all seriousness yeh it was a shockingly awful miss but he still scored and showed glimpses of the Torres that was running everyone ragged when he was at us. He's had a good week 2 assists against Leverkusen and a goal against United and some good chances created. His runs/movement looked alot better then it did in previous games for Chelsea. I really do think Mata is a great signing and should get the best out of Torres. Just hard for the lad when everyone scrutinizes every game he has and if he doesn't score its back to the usual "TORRES HAS LOST IT" headlines.