The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

• Admin

Chelsea have been fined £20,000 by the Football Association (FA) after admitting failing to control their players in last week's match at QPR. The FA are yet to rule on manager Andre Villas-Boas after asking him to explain comments made about referee Chris Foy.

So on occasions when we've beaten Arsenal over the past few years, it's unerringly been via the tactic of sitting on the edge of our penalty area saying "come on then", watching Arsenal flap uselessly for 45 mins then storming down the other end and scoring. This season, however, we have started to always play with a high defensive line, which I have no doubt the Messer van Persie will adore.

Should be...interesting.

Everton v Man Utd line-ups

Everton: Howard, Hibbert, Heitinga, Jagielka, Baines, Coleman, Fellaini, Rodwell, Bilyaletdinov, Osman, Saha. Subs: Mucha, Stracqualursi, McFadden, Gueye, Barkley, Vellios, Mustafi.

Man Utd: De Gea, Jones, Vidic, Evans, Evra, Welbeck, Cleverley, Fletcher, Park, Rooney, Hernandez. Subs: Lindegaard, Ferdinand, Owen, Berbatov, Nani, Fabio Da Silva, Valencia.

Referee: Mark Halsey (Lancashire)

Can't recall the last time we played a Premier League game without wingers, but Rooney, Welbeck and Hernandez all in the firing line sounds good to me. Cleverley is back too which is awesome and I thought Evans was suspended? Anyways it's a must win for us today I think, we need to get back on track.

In an ideal world...

Chelsea/Arsenal draw

Everton beat United

Stoke beat Newcastle

QPR beat Spurs

Carragher is meant to not be starting today so Agger/Skrtel looks like the likely starting partnership and Suarez is likely to start as well.

• Admin

1-0, Little Pea.

Man Utd goal: Not sure about the Everton defence when the cross comes in but this is still a wonderfully worked opener for United. Tom Cleverley and Danny Welbeck are involved in the build-up before Patrice Evra swings the ball in from the left for Javier Hernandez to turn it in from close range. He doesn't miss from there, especially when he is completely unmarked.

• Admin
Chelsea: Cech, Bosingwa, Ivanovic, Terry, Cole, Ramires, Mikel, Lampard, Mata, Sturridge, Torres.

Subs: Blackman, Luiz, Romeu, Malouda, Meireles, Lukaku, Bertrand.

Arsenal: Szczesny, Djourou, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Andre Santos, Ramsey, Song, Arteta, Walcott, van Persie, Gervinho.

Subs: Fabianski, Vermaelen, Rosicky, Park, Arshavin, Jenkinson, Frimpong.

Referee: Andre Marriner (W Midlands)

The ref missed that foul which led to Mata's goal. I wonder if Arsenal have one more goal in them now that Walcott's off.

VAN PERSIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Edited by edcq1987