The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

Well...both of the Ameobi's are absolute toss and the Bent brothers aren't actually the Bent brothers. Soooooo...yeah.

Anyway, Enoch Balotelli?

He's a good boy

Dammit!

Never EVER speak ill of Shola again....Emile Heskey > Shola Ameobi > Pele, Maradona, Messi etc.

I'm sticking to it. The dude sucks. But not as much as Sammy.

Eh, tbh it isn't even him. I just find it irritating that whenever he gets the ball, the entire Newcastle fanbase goes mental. "GUWON SAMMY!" "Ooh Sammy's comin' on now, we're in it!". I remember the last person they all foolishly did that for...and look at Nile Ranger. Hardly lighting the world on fire is he?

Case in point. At the Everton game last month Coloccini put in a rubbish cross that was batted away by the first man. Minutes later Sammy Ameobi did the exact same thing, Jagielka headed it away to safety and everyone applauded him and shouted "well done lad!". They didn't give a toss when Coloccini did the exact same rubbish thing moments earlier. It baffles me.

In Newcastle's relegation season Coloccini was terrible, horrible, miserable, shocking etc etc.

Pah, he adjusted poorly to the Premier League as with many foreign players and struggled, but his distribution was still fantastic. Sadly it was to a midfield of Guthrie and Butt...

Regardless, it was a flippant comment in response to actually being criticised for getting behind a raw young talent, a local lad at that, and an instant cult figure due to his surname. Maybe we should all just murmur derisively if he makes a mistake? Also, last player we got behind like that was Shane Ferguson, who looked fantastic in his few appearances last season.

If you're from the North East and play for Newcastle, you're actual five times better than what you are. Eg Ameobi's

If you're form the North East and play for Sunderland, you're just a little bit more proximate for absolute and total abuse and being put down. Eg Henderson and now Colback.

We're so caring. :shifty:

We tend to wait til they leave before that, i.e. Carrolls fucking shit. Actually I think most agree with that mind.

How's Ryan Noble looking by the way, I've heard whisperings he's ace (not you), but Bruce was too stupid to notice he actually did have a striker after all?

Noble's looking good, he scored something like 40 goals the other year and has about three hat-tricks on the bounce in the reserves I think scoring four last night against Man Utd.

He got four whole minutes against Wolves last week, as injuries forced Ji to start and Noble to play the 'Ji role' of coming on in the last five minutes and not being able to impact proceedings whatsoever.

He's about the same age as me I think, 21, but very slight in his build. Compare that to Wickham who's about 18 or so and already looks like a proper footballer. He's a typically quick and nippy striker and finisher but people think he's being 'ignored' because they seem to think pace is all you need for a striker. If he played against Blackburn I couldn't really see him doing much damage against Samba and the ilk unless he could get into a foot race over 20-30 yards (and I can't see Blackburn playing that high up to allow that.) Samba, assuming his positioning is good and there's no reason to believe it won't be, will be able to contain someone like Noble.

However the rumour is Bendtner may be out injured for Sunday, and given we're pretty much at our wits end in terms of finding a goalscorer, why not just give him a chance? Not just ten minutes so the game passes him by. Just start him and see how he fares. Losing to Blackburn at home, sadly, probably isn't going to be the lowest point of the season if it happens so we may as well just try it.

I think the fans just want to see the manager making a conscious effort to change things. Bruce stuck rigidly to his guns in the hope that our fortunes would change, and they didn't and he was shown the door. So why not give McClean and Noble a chance? If it doesn't work then we still have half a season to get results, but at least we've tried. Things can't really get much worse - although saying that we haven't lost by more than one goal all season, so that means we're not getting blown out the water by opponents at least.

PS. Vidic is out for the season.

Edited by IAceI

You're right Lineker and he was at Watford for a little while but mainly as cover rather than any intention of him being played. If he isn't set to feature for this season I'd like him to go out to the Championship and see how he does, think he would be worthwhile.

Liam Noble is currently on loan at Carlisle and impressing when I see him (not been able to get to a match for a while now) but he's coming on leaps and bounds, don't think he'll ever be Sunderland standard though. (Assuming we stay up this year.)