The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

I don't know about Liverpool fans as a whole, but I wasn't expecting anything more than we've got this season and viewed as a transitional season I didn't expect Kenny Dalglish to be bringing Liverpool their 19th league title this year.

It's always a transitional season for Liverpool :P.

I'd hardly say that considering for most of the Benitez years we were finishing in the top 4, in the Champions League every season etc. Which is where Liverpool should be performing. Due to several things, they're not there now.

The first season with a new manager, new assistant manager, new owner, a few new players that seems pretty transitional to me. I'm not expecting us to turn into the most dominant force in the league anytime soon.

So all you have to do to win the league is change your manager every six games then? Constant honeymoon!

Agreed on the usual honeymoon period for a new manager but I think we're past that now and he's genuinely getting the best out of his players.

I agree, I was just being flippant on the 'you'd be top of the league' stat. Certainly expect a strong top half finish.

Really think Spurs would have had the lead by now if Adeybayor was there to play those guys in!, wonder if Pavlyuchenko might be a better option than Defoe.

I thought that but didn't bother to suggest it as Hammy (and I think Lineker too) has an irrational hatred of Pav.

Edit: yeah, Lineker too.

• Like 1

• Admin

Really think Spurs would have had the lead by now if Adeybayor was there to play those guys in!, wonder if Pavlyuchenko might be a better option than Defoe.

I thought that but didn't bother to suggest it as Hammy (and I think Lineker too) has an irrational hatred of Pav.

Edit: yeah, Lineker too.

If by irrational, you mean he's god awful, then yes. We do.