The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

Stunningly undeserved point. I haven't despaired so much at a Chelsea performance since last October - and the last few weeks have been pretty damn dreadful.

Not that it'll mean much with Spurs/Liverpool/probably Arsenal wins.

I'm sometimes glad I don't support a top 4 team, as I don't know if I'd have the time or patience to be sitting there, every time my closest rivals are playing, ready to leap on their misfortune as soon as the whistle goes for full time. It would make me feel like I am somehow letting the team down.

• Like 1

I'm sometimes glad I don't support a top 4 team, as I don't know if I'd have the time or patience to be sitting there, every time my closest rivals are playing, ready to leap on their misfortune as soon as the whistle goes for full time. It would make me feel like I am somehow letting the team down.

Much better supporting a team that throws their best striker away :shifty::P.

Although I definitely agree, I don't see the need to leap on a teams misfortunes. Except when they are totally shit and deserve it. Which for me, has been the role Liverpool have occupied for most of the past few years >_>.

Wish I'd caught the Tottenham game tonight to be honest, sounds like that was the best of the lot.

Much better supporting a team that throws their best striker away :shifty::P.

Although I definitely agree, I don't see the need to leap on a teams misfortunes. Except when they are totally shit and deserve it. Which for me, has been the role Liverpool have occupied for most of the past few years >_>.

It's ok, we have Pogrebnyak, he'll fuck shit up!

But yeah, when their is a larger response from the Man U contingent to a Man City loss over their actual victory, it says a lot.

• Like 1

I'll leap on the misfortune of City all day long. Why exactly would any single United supporter not want them to lose? It's a title race, people aren't exactly going to sit there relaxed.

A few things from tonight:

Passing Stats:

Carrick 129/139/93%

Scholes 113/126/90%

Evans 96/106/91%

200 Premier League games at Old Trafford where United have scored first... 188 wins, 12 draws, 0 defeats.