The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

Who are the small club here?

That said, how can they turn down the appeal if even the player it was done to says it wasn't worthy of the punishment? That is beyond ridiculous.

I don't remember the incident in question but it can still be a bad tackle even if the victim accepts it was accidental.

It wasn't a tackle. The Brighton player flattened Cabaye from behind (who wouldn't?), both went down and Cabayes foot cuts his lip. John Champion and Ray Stubbs then decided that because Cabaye looked annoyed it was intentional.

That said, how can they turn down the appeal if even the player it was done to says it wasn't worthy of the punishment? That is beyond ridiculous.

Newcastle, and the answer to question two is 'its the FA'.

Newcastle are a small club now?

Newcastle, and the answer to question two is 'its the FA'.

Newcastle are a small club now?

Discussed this yesterday. The medias view of the top of the table all season has been whoevers above Newcastle, even when we were third.

Thus making Leeds miniscule and sorry Adam, Doncaster are too small to exist now. :(

And what does that make Carlisle!?

Not just too small to exist anymore but so small all previous records have been erased as if they never existed at all.

Remember Jimmy Glass' goal in the final minute against Plymouth to save them? No? That's because it doesn't exist. :(

Thus making Leeds miniscule and sorry Adam, Doncaster are too small to exist now. :(

Not just too small to exist anymore but so small all previous records have been erased as if they never existed at all.

Remember Jimmy Glass' goal in the final minute against Plymouth to save them? No? That's because it doesn't exist. :(

Who are Plymouth? Are you inventing teams now? I thought there were only 5 teams in the English league system!? :s

Who are Plymouth? Are you inventing teams now? I thought there were only 5 teams in the English league system!? :s

6. We dropped to 7th last night.

No! I'm not! Are you!?

When did they form, were they one of the original founders of the sport when football began in 1992?

Sorry Colly :shifty:

• Like 2

The FA are a joke.

This is the incident for those who haven't seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpMvrI1n9Bw

As stated before, even El-Abd thinks there was nothing to it and he barely catches him and it doesn't look intentional to me.

That's a three game ban.

RVP looks, then leads with his elbow and catches Cuellar on the jaw

No punishment.

Peter Crouch channels Ric Flair against Olsson

go5_2012012512135081.jpg

No punishment

Lescott goes one better and Misawa's Kaboul

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43EZsEWdlNQ

No punishment.

Absolute joke of an organisation.

• Like 3

Just to add (sorry Lineker), Benoit Assou-Ekotto will not face action for the studs up challenge to Franco Di Santo's shin yesterday that saw him go off injured.

Edited by Colly

In BAE's defence, I don't think it was intentional, it was just a horribly clumsy challenge.

That been said, it still should of been a red card.

It is utterly terrible. Did they honestly think THIS was a good idea? I'm not the greatest advocate of change as it is, but this is just unspeakably awful. Why squash the headlines into one middle column? Why have massive 'scores' taking up half the screen? Its 12:15 on Wednesday, I'm pretty sure I don't wanna be keeping up with the non-existent scores.

For crying out loud.

http://ecustomeropinions.com/survey/survey.php?sid=878133413

Link to article from the Evening Standard detailing the initial hearing of John Terry's court case:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-24032827-terry-has-never-racially-abused-another-player-lawyer-tells-court.do

The confirmation that the prosecution are relying solely on a lip-reading of that video clip (and that no one on the pitch heard it, much less Ferdinand) is staggering. The police have looked at this 'evidence' and decided that they have a good enough chance of conviction to warrant the charge. Thousands of alleged rapes and other serious crimes never get to court because the police say they don't have sufficient evidence to convict, but evidence as flimsy as this gets through?

I'm aware that the police have concerns about their public image and 'throwing out' a high-profile case of alleged racism would bring on the accusations of 'institutional racism' etc. again, but from an unpoliticised view the contrast is absolutely shocking for all concerned, particularly those victims of other crimes unable to get their cases heard.

Much as I agree with you on the last point, its the evidence of that footage plus Terrys admission that he bizarrely shouted 'no I didn't call you a fucking black cunt', which still feels weird to me. Why not just say 'no I didn't' rather than shouting the entire phrase half the length of the pitch?

Who knows, I'll leave it to the courts...