The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

This is pretty much the first time in ages that the derby has meant more to the Arsenal players than the Spurs ones and it really shows. They've chased everything.

Couldn't agree more.

I just hate that they'll show this type of hunger today but act like the points against Wigan or Bolton don't matter.

This is pretty much the first time in ages that the derby has meant more to the Arsenal players than the Spurs ones and it really shows. They've chased everything.

Couldn't agree more.

I just hate that they'll show this type of hunger today but act like the points against Wigan or Bolton don't matter.

This. I can't stand the idea that a derby game means a fuck load more than any other game, the whole "I don't care how we do this season as long as we beat our rivals" thing.

3 points is 3 points.

Couldn't agree more.

This. I can't stand the idea that a derby game means a fuck load more than any other game, the whole "I don't care how we do this season as long as we beat our rivals" thing.

3 points is 3 points.

I think you're thinking of one extreme or the other, either it means nowt or its a fans whole season. In actual fact its in that wonderful shades of grey area in the middle, I'm delighted with Newcastles league performance this season, but to pretend that I'm not simultaneously massively looking forward to and dreading the trip to SJP on Sunday lunchtime would be a massive lie. Even more so this season with both teams in the top half for once!

Edit: And Man U save my mini acca...

Edited by Colly

What a class act Scott Parker is. He took his red card without too much fuzz and then went back to apologize. Football needs more players like that.

He keeps his shirt tucked in and parts his hair, this is why we love Scott Parker.

• Like 5

What a class act Scott Parker is. He took his red card without too much fuzz and then went back to apologize. Football needs more players like that.

I do agree, but considering the second yellow was nailed on and his team were three goals down Parker would have looked a bit daft kicking up a 'fuzz' there...