The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

• Admin

Fulham have only signed Pogrebnyak until the end of the season, mind you. No doubt he'll want a much bigger and better contract now after the way he has started; it's a question whether Fulham are going to be able to provide that.

• Admin

Or whether someone else comes in for him based on this season. I'm sure 'arry might have something to say about it.

Is it that he's a 'triffic lad, perchance? We've also been linked with Dembele from Fulham. So we'll see.

There needs to be a new word for the phrase "season of transition", as I'm getting very annoyed at seeing it week-in-week-out >_>. It's awful for AVB and Chelsea, but there are problems that a new manager won't just fix, and a season going by also won't fix them. Lots of guys need replacing, sure, but you need to also rid the club of the mentality that these top guys should have their spot forever. It's like a wrestling parody in a way, the draws holding down the younger talent and letting them bob against the glass ceiling but never to break through.

Maybe we can blame Torres' poor season on dropping games so they could all get AVB out?

Anyway, Lampard seems to be the worst offender of the lot, so I'd immediately want him to know that he's out. Sure he's a great player, but you need a strong backbone in your team and someone who supports you as a manager, and if Lamps is going against the manager then he has to go. It's a shame that the manager is the easy scapegoat when AVB, given a lot more time, could have created another superb chelsea team.

Or whether someone else comes in for him based on this season. I'm sure 'arry might have something to say about it.

Is it that he's a 'triffic lad, perchance? We've also been linked with Dembele from Fulham. So we'll see.

'Arry's going to try and swap Pav for Pog and hope no one notices.

• Admin

Gary Neville is rapidly becoming my favourite pundit.

"That's three managers these Chelsea players have seen off. There are six or seven in the core of that group. They are good players but they have got to realise they are not going to be the main men any more."

Atkinson reffing today is a good thing for us, btw.

Really hope Spurs can steal a victory here, but I don't see it happening with Bale/VDV/Parker not available and the formation change. I guess Harry has a lot of faith in Ade/Saha as a partnership.

Porto did not only win the League with a huge advantage but also won the Europa League, playing some really good offensive football. And I'm a Benfica fan so I hate everything that comes from that place...

Gary Neville is rapidly becoming my favourite pundit.

"That's three managers these Chelsea players have seen off. There are six or seven in the core of that group. They are good players but they have got to realise they are not going to be the main men any more."

Atkinson reffing today is a good thing for us, btw.

G Nevs been my favourite pundit all season, barring describing the 8-2 as 'not one for the neutral' he's been outstanding. Actually makes Monday Night Football watchable too!

Porto did not only win the League with a huge advantage but also won the Europa League, playing some really good offensive football. And I'm a Benfica fan so I hate everything that comes from that place...

You're under the impression that most English based football pundits know about anything happening outside of London or Manchester. That would be wrong. So stop doing that.

You're under the impression that most English based football pundits know about anything happening outside of London or Manchester. That would be wrong. So stop doing that.

I think the basic rule is "he's done nothing. Well, if he has they were foreign things. Which don't count.". Thats why Roy Hodgsons shit.

• Like 1

G. Neville is bang on with that comment. It pisses me off royally how ridiculous football management is becoming.

I am honestly starting to believe that despite 9 odd years in charge of a club, Roman Abramovich still has no real idea what football is about.