The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

Oh and the results you are all hoping for today are as follows...

Fulham (Aston Villa), Blackburn (Wolves), Brighton (Portsmouth), West Ham (Doncaster), Charlton (Notts County), Crawley (Macclesfield) to win - £38.30 return

Chelsea (Stoke), Liverpool (Sunderland), Blackpool (Peterborough), Sheff Utd (Brentford), Huddersfield (Rochdale) to win and Swindon/Cheltenham to draw - £79.50 return

• Admin
Bolton: Bogdan, Steinsson, Wheater, Ream, Ricketts, Reo-Coker, Mark Davies, Pratley, Miyaichi, N'Gog, Petrov.

Subs: Jaaskelainen, Muamba, Eagles, Knight, Kevin Davies, Klasnic, Sordell.

QPR: Kenny, Onuoha, Ferdinand, Hill, Traore, Barton, Diakite, Derry, Wright-Phillips, Cisse, Zamora.

Subs: Cerny, Gabbidon, Bothroyd, Mackie, Buzsaky, Young, Taiwo.

Referee: Martin Atkinson (W Yorkshire)

It'll give the papers and Sky Sports News something to go on about now though for the next two weeks in the Goal Line Technology debate.

Harsh on QPR though, that non-goal could be costly.

It's not a hard decision to make though, the ball moves away from the goal to hit the bottom of the bar!

No question at all, but I just like the poetic justice of the distance over the line being about as much ground Bartons gained cumulatively over the last few corners.

I think they're being harsh on the lineo though since he's clearly on the blind side, Bogdans arm will be covering most of the ball.

And G Nevs "that'll reopen the debate on goal line technology"? It's not a debate Gary, they're assessing it now.

It's not a hard decision to make though, the ball moves away from the goal to hit the bottom of the bar!

No question at all, but I just like the poetic justice of the distance over the line being about as much ground Bartons gained cumulatively over the last few corners.

I think they're being harsh on the lineo though since he's clearly on the blind side, Bogdans arm will be covering most of the ball.

And G Nevs "that'll reopen the debate on goal line technology"? It's not a debate Gary, they're assessing it now.

I just saw the incident and noticed the referee was out by the opposite corner flag, aren't they supposed to stand at the edge of the 18 yard box?

He just about made it back into the box by the time it was taken, but he was in the corner to tell Barton to stop doing his usual 'ball outside the quadrant' trick, which is what I've been referring too from my first post. Should've booked him the third time, since he's just done it again on 69 minutes.

• Admin
Chelsea: Cech, Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Cole, Ramires, Mikel, Lampard, Meireles, Kalou, Drogba.

Subs: Turnbull, Luiz, Essien, Romeu, Torres, Mata, Sturridge.

Stoke: Begovic, Wilkinson, Shawcross, Huth, Wilson, Shotton, Whitehead, Diao, Fuller, Jones, Walters.

Subs: Sorensen, Pennant, Upson, Delap, Crouch, Jerome, Palacios.

Referee: Andre Marriner (W Midlands)

Aston Villa: Given, Hutton, Cuellar, Collins, Warnock, Albrighton, Herd, Petrov, N'Zogbia, Ireland, Agbonlahor.

Subs: Guzan, Heskey, Bannan, Weimann, Lichaj, Baker, Gardner.

Fulham: Schwarzer, Kelly, Senderos, Hangeland, John Arne Riise, Duff, Dembele, Murphy, Dempsey, Pogrebnyak, Johnson.

Subs: Stockdale, Baird, Orlando Sa, Hughes, Diarra, Etuhu, Davies.

Referee: Jon Moss (W Yorkshire)

Wolverhampton: Hennessey, Zubar, Stearman, Bassong, Ward, Doyle, Davis, Edwards, O'Hara, Jarvis, Fletcher.

Subs: de Vries, Kightly, Ebanks-Blake, Johnson, Berra, Milijas, Foley.

Blackburn: Robinson, Lowe, Dann, Hanley, Martin Olsson, Formica, Pedersen, N'Zonzi, Marcus Olsson, Hoilett, Yakubu.

Subs: Bunn, Givet, Dunn, Modeste, Petrovic, Goodwillie, Vukcevic.

Referee: Chris Foy (Merseyside)

Sunderland: Mignolet, Bardsley, O'Shea, Turner, Bridge, Larsson, Colback, Gardner, McClean, Bendtner, Campbell.

Subs: Gordon, Wickham, Kilgallon, Vaughan, Meyler, Kyrgiakos, Elmohamady.

Liverpool: Reina, Kelly, Skrtel, Coates, Jose Enrique, Kuyt, Henderson, Adam, Spearing, Bellamy, Suarez.

Subs: Doni, Gerrard, Carroll, Maxi, Downing, Carragher, Flanagan.

Referee: Anthony Taylor (Cheshire)

Massive win for Bolton, really hope they start to pull away from the relegation zone, it'd be a shame if they went down. Any 3 of the other 4 to go down and I'll be happy.

Delighted to see Coates start over Carragher. It's obvious that Carra's past it at this point; Coates is young, he's got talent... let's see him put it on display in hopefully a good performance. The line-up though... don't see a win out of it. Suarez will create another 12 chances, but put 2 off the woodwork, 3 off target, 4 straight at the keeper, and then have 2 shots saved superbly by Mignolet. Happens every week it seems like. That midfield three of Spearing, Adam, and Henderson will lack creativity going forward probably, and then create an error to gift a goal.

Delighted to see Coates start over Carragher. It's obvious that Carra's past it at this point; Coates is young, he's got talent... let's see him put it on display in hopefully a good performance. The line-up though... don't see a win out of it. Suarez will create another 12 chances, but put 2 off the woodwork, 3 off target, 4 straight at the keeper, and then have 2 shots saved superbly by Mignolet. Happens every week it seems like. That midfield three of Spearing, Adam, and Henderson will lack creativity going forward probably, and then create an error to gift a goal.

I read an article a while ago that suggested Suarez doesn't score as much because he is having to do too much work, doesn't have a regular partner and I'd agree with that. A settled partnership with someone up there every week with Suarez would do him the world of good.