The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

I'll just leave you to chase your tail. :/

In Scotland strikers aren't there to score goals, managers aren't there to win matches and 'keepers aren't there to save shots.

Why be racist? :/

I hate the 100 meters with a passion hmm.gif

• Like 1

Got this wonderful email supposedly from the premier league.

Hi,

The date and/or time of each Barclays Premier League fixture below has been amended:

Man Utd

23 Nov 2009 07:00 Man Utd v Everton Wembley

This fixture was originally scheduled to be played on 22 Nov 1977 at 00:00. Due to lightning it will now be played on 23 Nov 2009 at 07:00.

I've heard of rescheduling fixtures but c'mon! :o

Think of all those fans who'd booked hotels, travel etc in 1977. The price difference will be astronomical!

• Like 1

It's a shame that Arsenal are going to ruin Podolski like they did Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Squillaci, Chamakh etc. etc.

'Now Lukas, don't bother training shooting or any of that nonsense, today (and every day) is passing drills! :w00t:'

• Like 8

• Admin

Top quality Podolski is. It's a real shame.

Roger Johnson is not being stripped of the Wolves captaincy; and Newcastle United utility man Ryan Taylor has signed a two-year contract extension running until 2015.

Aston Villa striker Gabriel Agbonlahor says fans' hostility towards manager Alex McLeish is affecting the players.

Agbonlahor said that supporters needed to get behind McLeish who moved to Villa Park from rivals Birmingham City in the summer.

"It does have an impact on the players and does affect them when fans are not backing the manager and not turning up in games," said Agbonlahor.

Villa are currently 15th in the Premier League table.

Agbonlahor added: "The fans are entitled to their opinions, but the chairman [Randy Lerner] has made a choice in bringing the manager here and everyone has got to get behind him.

"I think it affects the players otherwise. You only have to look at the situation at Blackburn where Steve Kean has been getting a lot of abuse.

"In previous years the fans have got behind the team no matter what and that helps the players.

"If they really get behind the team and the players, it gives everyone a lift."

McLeish said he had the experience to handle supporters' criticism after his men were booed off the pitch following a 0-0 draw at Wigan on 25 February.

It was the among a series of hostile incidents from fans since he took over at the club at the start of the season.

Villa have drawn or lost their previous five Premier League matches, leaving them with 30 points after 27 games.

Protests against McLeish began even before his appointment as Villa manager.

In June, about 1,000 supporters staged a demonstration at Villa Park against owner Randy Lerner's decision to push through a move to get him.

If they (team and manager) could actually beat dross like Wigan, and not throw away leads against strugglers like BBurn, then they won't get booed. Simple.

Six wins all season is it? That's disgusting, and Gabby knows it too.

But the guy who calld Johnson "Uncle Tom" and the guy that said he would "throw the Suarez shirt down if I was him" purely because he's a black player are great guys, right?

Calling God racist is despicable. Johnson needs to get his head out of his ass and think before he defends his racist teammate.

Can we just fucking move on, papers are still trying to drag the story on. Although I like how Suarez is labeled as a racist now despite the FA and Evra saying he isn't a racist. Labelling theory at its best.

Couldn't care what Paul McGrath, Glen Johnson, random rugby player calling Johnson an "Uncle Tom" or the friggin Daily Mail have to say about the incident. Old news that they are trying to keep making money out of. Although I can't wait for it to be brought back up and have a whole summer of it being in the papers when John Terry goes to trial. <_<

• Admin

Can we just fucking move on, papers are still trying to drag the story on. Although I like how Suarez is labeled as a racist now despite the FA and Evra saying he isn't a racist. Labelling theory at its best.

Couldn't care what Paul McGrath, Glen Johnson, random rugby player calling Johnson an "Uncle Tom" or the friggin Daily Mail have to say about the incident. Old news that they are trying to keep making money out of. Although I can't wait for it to be brought back up and have a whole summer of it being in the papers when John Terry goes to trial. <_<

Agreed, lets move on from all this.

He is a racist, though.