The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

@LFC: Confirmed #LFC team: Doni, Kelly, Carragher, Agger, Johnson, Henderson, Shelvey, Maxi, Downing, Carroll, Suarez

@LFC: Subs: Jones, Enrique, Coates, Kuyt, Spearing, Sterling, Belllamy

I don't think Gerard is injured. Is he? Riena rested and I can't see why. Skrtel is out.

Gerrard was injured, I think. Groin strain, iirc. Reina is apparently ill.

Carragher. Again. :lol:

Setanta have the rights to 3pm kick offs but they're a subscription channel. A few years ago RTE had the rights to show a few live Premier League games.

Can't say it bothers me too much to be honest, normal weeks I'm at home games and can go see local nonleague on aways, which I wouldn't do if I could watch Newcastle on tv. Would like to be watching the Everton game today, but will settle for watching City on Sky and possibly use nefarious means in the background.

I think so they're on 423 and 424 on Sky over here. It's complete bollocks that the 3pm games aren't spread across RTE, TV3 and Setanta over here. Showing the games on TV, on our channels would have no effect on attendances at all and would make the PL more money.

So the trophy is someone in Manchester right? They have to play it safe and not have it at the Etihad already?

Seeing as United are away at Sunderland, I assume it's at the Ethiad and they've got a replica up at the Stadium of Light.

Man. City XI (vs QPR): Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy, Yaya Toure, Barry, Silva, Tevez, Nasri, Aguero.

QPR XI (vs Man. City): Kenny, Hill, Ferdinand, Onuoha, Taino, Derry, Barton, Mackie, Wright-Phillips, Zamora, Cisse.

That's all I care about so I figured I'd share it.