The 2011/12 Gary Speed Memorial Thread

Lineker

@LFC: Confirmed #LFC team v Norwich: Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Enrique, Downing, Shelvey, Gerrard, Henderson, Bellamy, Suarez

@LFC: Subs: Doni, Maxi, Coates, Kuyt, Spearing, Kelly, Skrtel

Ugh, Carragher and I guess because he played Maxi and we lost to West Brom (after Downing and Bellamy had come on for Kuyt and Maxi mind you) Kenny has chosen drop him again.

Carroll's too hungover to get out of bed today :shifty:

See I'm relatively happy with the lineup apart from Carragher being on for Skrtel. Although I'm hoping Henderson isn't on the right and it'll be a because if that is the case then yeh Maxi should be on.

I think it'll be 2-0 or 2-1 to us today (Hoping so)

• Admin
Norwich make five changes to the side that started in the defeat against Blackburn - with Grant Holt being left out, as he is on the bench, and Steve Morison getting the nod up front.

Liverpool may have a chance of a point! <_<

Carroll's too hungover to get out of bed today :shifty:

See I'm relatively happy with the lineup apart from Carragher being on for Skrtel. Although I'm hoping Henderson isn't on the right and it'll be a because if that is the case then yeh Maxi should be on.

I think it'll be 2-0 or 2-1 to us today (Hoping so)

From the looks of things I'd say Henderson should be in the middle with Gerrard behind Suarez.

• Admin
Norwich: Ruddy, Naughton, Ryan Bennett, Ward, Drury, Elliott Bennett, Howson, Fox, Johnson, Pilkington, Morison.

Subs: Steer, Martin, Vaughan, Holt, Surman, Hoolahan, Wilbraham.

Liverpool: Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Jose Enrique, Downing, Gerrard, Henderson, Shelvey, Bellamy, Suarez.

Subs: Doni, Maxi, Coates, Kuyt, Spearing, Kelly, Skrtel.

Referee: Mark Halsey (Lancashire)

No sign of two strikers who have been in the spotlight for different reasons - Norwich's prolific Grant Holt is on the bench and Liverpool's maligned Andy Carroll is not in their squad. Both teams have made five changes to their starting line-up. Steven Gerrard, back from being rested, and Jamie Carragher return for Liverpool while Steve Morison is picked up front for the home team.

Goes to show what someone setting Suarez up can do, rather than leaving him to do all the work himself.

Aston Villa manager Alex McLeish: "I have had to show my experience and leadership and that has come to the fore. I will not curl up and die. I will persevere to the end as I always have done."

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Bloody hell Shelvey almost decapitated Fox there.

Tbf to Shelvey, Fox did have his head down really low.

Also made up that Odious Little Cretin has scored twice, Pressuring the defenders and capitilizing on opposition mistakes and getting a goal from them is something we haven't done too much of this season. I think we could get another goal but I would settle for 2-0 considering I had a bet on Suarez 1st Goalscorer and 2-0

That McLeish quote is pretty funny too, can't wait for him to get sacked from Villa.

To be fair, both of those things just happened.

I was talking more about the first goal.

An awful lot of the time Suarez is left to/tries to beat two or three defenders and then is out of steam by the time he has a shot.