Thinking about getting an X-Box 360

I liked Arkham Asylum, but I basically saw my friend play it all the way through. I really can't justify buying it myself after I've seen it played from start to finish already.

I like Dynasty Warrior games. I'm not sold on the newest incarnation though (7?).

I also really like dancing games. Is that Dance Central any good?

EDIT:

Elder Scrolls? One of the Left 4 Deads? Mass Effect?

Dumb Question 2 That I Just Thought Of: What game does come with X-Box these days?

If you actually like Dynasty Warriors games then you should so get 7. Honestly, you'll hate it or love it but if you enjoyed past games then you will enjoy this. The story is pretty great even if the fighting gets repetitive (like every DW game) and Jin getting added was a really cool thing. Story alone, the game is worth a buy.

They're both great choices because you get an amazing single-player experience and you can dive into Xbox Live Multiplayer as well, which is a huge selling point of the system, I have a PS3 as well but the Playstation Network is light-years behind Xbox Live.

Asking a silly question I'm sure, but barring it not being hacked last month whats the difference? Aren't both just to facilitate online gaming in the end or are we talking store stuff etc? Not being snarky, just never played X Box 360, a fact thats just surprised me...

Both services do provide online gaming, but there's also other features as well that the services offer.

Currently Xbox Live delivers a better entertainment hub than the PlayStation Network offers in my opinion.

The Xbox Live hub has a seamless interface of what's going on in the Marketplace, any Xbox News, all additional services such as Twitter, Facebook, Netflix, etc. Everything is laid out smoothly and makes it worthy of a subscription fee, whereas The Playstation Network has many of the same features as Xbox Live but struggles to present it in a way that encourages the user to want to even try them due to the hassle it is to get there.

Playstation offers a Second Life like experience with Playstation Home, however getting there takes a ridiculous series of menu navigation and loading.

What a load of crap. You can do all of that on the PSN as well. :P And if all you know of PSN is that Playstation Home exists, it's pretty clear you've never spent more than five minutes on a PS3.

But anywho, a 360 is totally worth picking up for the cheapest price possible as you won't need to install much on there. It depends really if you think you'll end up buying stuff on the store, in which case you might want to get a slightly higher priced system so you don't have to delete stuff every so often.

• Like 2

What a load of crap. You can do all of that on the PSN as well. :P And if all you know of PSN is that Playstation Home exists, it's pretty clear you've never spent more than five minutes on a PS3.

But anywho, a 360 is totally worth picking up for the cheapest price possible as you won't need to install much on there. It depends really if you think you'll end up buying stuff on the store, in which case you might want to get a slightly higher priced system so you don't have to delete stuff every so often.

I own both systems. My point is that on the Xbox 360 everything is laid out in a much more user friendly and visually appealing manner, whereas the PSN has one Marker on the XMB dedicated to providing new release info, but no markers promoting news, developer interviews, etc.

Edited by DiamondCutter

So PSN is worse of because it doesn't shove advertising and news in your face.

I've owned both consoles and this whole "Xbox live is lightyears ahead of PSN" is a massive crock of shit. They're essentially the same service and if you think the layout is worth paying for that well done for convincing yourself.

The Xbox 360 is a fine machine for the price it's at even if you do have to pay a subscription fee, but PSN meltdown aside I'm genuinely not seeing this Xbox Live is miles better than PSN debate.

Edited by The Cool One
  • Like 4

I've owned a 360 for about a year, and I think it has two things over the PS3 - custom music whenever you want, and the party option. That's it. I prefer the PS3 for everything else (controller, exclusives, XMB, trophies etc.)

It's all about opinion really. And if the PSVita is getting a "Party" option upon release, I don't see it being too far away for PS3 users either.

Came home with a 250 GB X-box and a couple of games (Red Dead, Borderlands, DW7 and Fallout 3). Now it's 4 in the morning and I want to keep playing.

Also, fuck that supermarket mission in Fallout. Fuck it right in the face. I get halfway every time, then triple-teamed by the remaining thugs. Or I get slaughtered by a giant scorpion before I even get inside the building.

I would have suggested the ps3 just for the blu ray. I dont care what "menus" you like, its blu ray.

Your game choices are solid, only thing i can reccomend is if youve got a mine try laying it down around a corner and then getting their attention in fallout. If not, you can try taking a sneak shot while crouching and not being seen for extra damage. Past that, youre on your own its a very early misson shouldnt be too hard.

Came home with a 250 GB X-box and a couple of games (Red Dead, Borderlands, DW7 and Fallout 3). Now it's 4 in the morning and I want to keep playing.

Also, fuck that supermarket mission in Fallout. Fuck it right in the face. I get halfway every time, then triple-teamed by the remaining thugs. Or I get slaughtered by a giant scorpion before I even get inside the building.

Good choices. You have an online account?

And for sure, you need to get Oblivion AND Mass Effect.

For what it's worth, in terms of 360/PS3, for me the 360 is smoother for communicating with people. Obviously you have the party chat option but also for inviting people to games/accepting those invites. Admittedly, my multiplayer experience is a little lacking on PS3 so maybe i'm missing something but when a message or whatever pops up I have to press the Home button, then scroll across to the relevant section and then scroll to either the person that messaged me or the message box and then bring up the list of messages and then the message itself. For 360, if you see you have a message, one button press and it's up on screen.

Just the little things.