EWR 2011 Stats Update: July ***PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS***

ok i'm slightly new at playing ewr and downloading data files. but i downloaded an update and despite everything seemingly working, i still have the same old workers of the orginal data in any new game i play. have i done something wrong or am i expecting the update to do more than it does?

Try this thread... http://www.ewbattleg...showtopic=82481

Welcome to the site (Y)

Thanks, and i moved the file over and everything has been updated except when i look at the workers file, it's still stuck in 2003.

OK try this in step form...

1. Download DATA

2. Extract DATA

3. Copy DATA Folder

4. Paste DATA Folder into EWR Folder

5. Overwrite DATA when prompted

6. Start NEW Game.

It should work.

yeah i think having windows 7 and the whole built in extractor confused me. but it works now thanks alot.

Guest mr. potato head

Yeah, i was wrong to think it'd work after that. i've definitely got problems as staff and promotion don't seem to have changed as well. and this is despite countless attempts of moving the files over.

Since you seem to more or less actually understand what you're doing, I'll suggest this:

Get out of the extraction utility, and just go into the EWR folder through Windows Explorer. Look at the DATA files. They'll most likely have a last modified date of sometime in 2004. Somewhere near the EWR folder, maybe in with the game itself, maybe in another folder created in DATA, you'll probably find files with the same name, but last modified in early July or whenever. Copy and paste those over the 2004 ones.

Also, just to make sure, realize that this only affects what you see when you click New Game, not what's in any of your saves. :)

Guest mr. potato head

Odd.

The only thing I can think of is that you've got the original files in two locations, and you're replacing them in the incorrect one (should be EWR folder\DATA).

And it takes longer to load for everybody, simply because the database is that much larger.

strangely enough i'm crashing the game through the file editor and as a result it's accessing the new files. i just used data clearing on all my problematic data files, and it crashed every time. but once i re-opened the program the files had been updated. it definitely sounds odd, but thanks for the help.

I'll probably get flak for this, but I don't care... after Raw...

Raise CM Punk's charisma to 100 after that promo with HHH. He is the best mic guy in the business today.

I don't want to sound prisoner of moment, but I second this.

A lot of gimmicks could fit Punk...

Semi-Raw spoilers, so I'll just put these tags in on the side of caution:

Punk said he's on a mission to change the WWE, so you could easily make him Man on a Mission. Rebel would make sense, except he's not really a face. Unique covers everything, but I don't know if Punk's earned it... In game, you earn it by having a 100% segment, and that's what Punk has had tonight IMHO, but at the same time, I don't think Punk's at the point where his gimmick would never get old or that it's reached that something special that guys like Foley might have. But yeah, it's close... I would personally say MOAM fits.

CM Punk should also have creative control.

Other Raw spoilers

Turn Beth Phoenix heel.

The New Nexus is done. Remove the stable.

The finisher of McGillicutty and Otunga should be Backbreaker/Diving Elbow (the old Demolition finisher).

Tick shooting for Heidenreich. He has a black belt in karate.

Add the tag team of James Bronson and Erick Rowan, 3 EXP.

According to this, remove the hate relationship between Kip James and Triple H or (at least) change it to dislike.

Yoshi Tatsu revealed on Twitter that his birthday took place Monday. He turned 34 years old.

He wrote: YoshiTatsuWWEThank you very much everyone! Today is my "true" birthday:) August 1st!

Change Yoshi Tatsu's birth month to August.

A lot of gimmicks could fit Punk...

Semi-Raw spoilers, so I'll just put these tags in on the side of caution:

Punk said he's on a mission to change the WWE, so you could easily make him Man on a Mission. Rebel would make sense, except he's not really a face. Unique covers everything, but I don't know if Punk's earned it... In game, you earn it by having a 100% segment, and that's what Punk has had tonight IMHO, but at the same time, I don't think Punk's at the point where his gimmick would never get old or that it's reached that something special that guys like Foley might have. But yeah, it's close... I would personally say MOAM fits.

you're saying he hasnt had a 100% segment? his first worked shoot promo was defo 98-99 but when he had the contract signing negotiations with Cena and Vince that was most certainly 100% and he has been having 100% segments since then and on the other side - i wouldnt even say tonight's RAW segment was 100%.....90-95% at best and that was just because it had Punk and HHH in the actual segment. Nothing major really happened and it was just a bit of comedical bickering with Punk going through his routine.

I'm saying all this but it turns out Punk already has the Unique gimmick anyway, but he earned it way before last night.