NHL 12

Mr. X

Question - were I to attempt a Be A Pro diary about a European, drafted highly in the Import Draft, who turns out to be an utter douchebag of infinite proportions to damn near everybody, is it plausible for him to be anything other than a sniper? Playmaker makes little sense because...he's a douchebag, and a selfish douchebag, and I could go power forward or two-way forward but I like the idea of him being shorter than Nathan Gerbe. I ask because, frankly, sod being a sniper, it's hard bloody work.

Uhm, what class is Datsyuk again?

Deke/duke or something, a Deking player can be easily made into a arrogant selfish douchebag who rather tries tricks than play to the other 4 guys on his side.

Edited by Jasonmufc

Haa. Playing the Memorial Cup and a goal for us got disallowed for a kicking motion, that's a really cool touch.

Well, that's a ballbreaker. I get all As to unlock a boost, go to equip the boost and it won't fucking let me have it! Cunting thing. Should unlock something for going in the top ten (actually 1st. To Edmonton. Should be playing with Hall and Nuge and such soon).

My Be A Pro is a power forward and he's pretty much a cunt. Everyone except his own teammates hate him.

I get 0 powerplay minutes and 0 overtime minutes, despite being on the second line and leading the team in goals, assists and points. I got a lot of penalty killing minutes on the 3rd line, but not as much now that I'm on the second. I could be a PP force, god damnit! :shifty: Oh yeah, rare-to-no shootout chances either. If the game gets past the third, say bye to me playing. :(

EDIT: Nevermind, just got my first minutes in OT thanks to a penalty kill going into OT. I ended up with the game winning goal, lets see if that gets me some more OT time.

Edited by Closed and Moved to Archives

Finally got this thing in the mail today and i am already thorougly enjoying it.

Started a BAP as a 15 year old RW Sniper in the OHL with the Windsor spitfires.

I am forced to wear a facecage due to his young age and after the first 5 games i am doing quite well for myself.

Passing and scoring assists is quite easy for me and i have 8 or so assists getting 1+ every game with ease.

Scoring on the other hand is hard for me as i only have 2 goals right now and i am kinda struggling getting the puck in the back of the net.

it's probably my tendency to skate the puck into the opposing zone all by myself and then passing it (hence the loads of assists) and not giving my team mates the chance to set up their own plays.

But i am certainly liking this game, the only thing that has annoyed me is the stupid objectives for unlocking boosts (why unlock wristshot power as a goalie?!) and the task system.

I get vague-ish tasks in the game and whilst i am on the 3rd line my team-mate grade just tanks to a F because i couldn't score on powerplays (which i am never involved in). Very annoying.

Playing as the Jets in a new Franchise mode - the Maple Leafs, despite boasting a top line of Kessel - Thornton - Marian fucking Gaborik, who I picked up for a song because the Rangers were fucked by the cap, decided to fire me after two years - and I realise I've currently got a line featuring Rob Schremp and Patrick O'Sullivan. I just need a suitable centre to complete the trifecta of 'overhyped underperformers'. Patrice Cormier just isn't doing it for me.

• Like 3

Ugh I don't know whats gonna make me snap first in this game: my players skating right beside me on a 2-on-1 or the fact they block more of my point shots than the other team does. <_<

How about when your oppenents dump it in, and your teammates skates to get the puck as it goes around back of your net, but decides to stop at the redline and watch the puck go by as the opposing player sweeps around and steals it.

This happens repeatedly to me.

At least the patch they just released adds more penalties so people will stop spamming the stick lift and poke check button. Though I just lost two games in OT/shootout in HUT. I'm having a terrible run of luck right now. My team is looking good though and this is going off memory:

Huselius-Flippula-Kessel(rated 96 with a 95 in checking :shifty: )

Raymond-Bailey-Kaleta

Hagman-Marc-Antonie Pouilet (3 games from retirement, trying to buy a Flames center right now)-Kostopolous

Three AHLers though one is DiDo

Hamhuis-Carlson

Gunnarsson-Stralman

Randy Jones-Harrold

Corey Crawford

Jake Allen

Also got James Reimer is a pack of cards but I'm waiting for +9 goalie attributes before I play him. :wub:

I actually find the AI smarter, especially when you try and maintain possession of the puck in the offensive zone.

Definitely smarter, but what I said above drives me insane. Teammates got a clear as day chance to grab the puck but instead just stop and let the other player grab it. :bang:

Been slacking on playing as much, but happy to report that after 41 games with the Lightning, I've earned a spot on the first line. I've got 30 goals and 36 assists, and am currently fighting Ovy (32) and Crosby (28) for league leader in goals. Mark Streit is just pumping out the assists, up at 41 aleady so I've got some work to do there, but being on the first line should help. Maybe I'll even see some powerplay minutes, or hell, I'll take some penalty kill time.

Oh, and Hah! Take that Stamkos.

EDIT: Now arriving at the all-star game annnnnd... I made the first line?! Did not expect that one, in NHL 11 I ended up on the 4th line for line 3 years despite leading the league. Awesome though, I'm centering Ovy and Gaborik. 2nd line is Crosby centering Kovalchuk and Kessel, 3rd is Eric Stall centering Evander Kane and Nathan Horton, and the 4th is Gionta centering Michalek and Grabner. M Green & Pronger, M Streit & T Myers, J Liles and B Campbell on defense, Miller in goal with Vokoun as backup. Solid team, but isn't Gionta a winger? Here goes nothing

-Ended up 3-1. I came out with an assist to Ovy, who put it home for the first of the game. Defended a shutout until the third, but couldn't get it out of the game.

Good stuff bro thumbsup.gif

Also does anyone have some tips to get some solid goalscoring figures?

I am one of the league leaders in assists and racking those ups are easy for me as my passes are pure death every time but in front of the net myself i tend to entertain the goalie a bit too much.

What are some good spots on the ice to stay around to get good openings and what are the best areas to point at when taking a shot?

I would love to make my RW striker a proper striker instead of the man that makes the playmaker look like a fool.

Puck rush.

I'm a center and I wager about 70% of my goals are from odd man rushes where the defense both play the wrong guy, and he slides a pass over to me at about the circle.

The best way to get those is to aggressively play the point on defense; how I mean, when they have their two guys at the back of your zone, whenever one of them gets the puck, charge out and poke check him. If you knock the puck loose you can keep going and probably get a two on one or three on two. If you miss, it doesn't matter because you're a forward and you have threefensemen (your LD, RD, and CD) covering behind you for when he passes the puck.

I'm a power forward, but I almost never bother to play for the front of the net. I sometimes get coaches tasks ("Go screen the net!" or "Get a rebound!" or "Do a barrel roll!") which means I have to, but I find playing for deflections to result in a very low success rate, and if you're in position for a rebound, chances are you will either get poke checked by the defensemen, or see a horrifying transformation occur as the other teams goalie suddenly morphs into 1998 Dominik Hasek (complete with broken english and eerily polite manner).

I found in NHL 11 I scored mostly with point shots but I was playing a defensemen, so perhaps that comes with the territory.

• Like 1