2011/2012 UEFA Champions League

Starvinho

• Admin
Napoli coach Walter Mazzarri will be on the bench on Wednesday, when his side take on Chelsea in the Champions League, after having his touchline ban temporarily suspended by the Court of Arbitration for Sport. Mazzarri had been banned from "carrying out his function" for the both of the matches against Chelsea.

At first, I read that like he'll be ON the bench, going to extreme lengths to work-around the touchline ban.

Haha that was exactly how I read it as too. Just seems like something Mourinho would do, could just picture him naming himself as a sub and standing on the touchline in his suit jacket, shirt and tie with shorts, socks and boots! :lol:

Basel aren't a bad side what so ever, proof in the pudding in qualifying for the KO rounds (and yes, we may have been shit in the group stages, but that's simply our own fault, they still played bloody well to qualify) and then they also beat Bayern in the first leg 1-0.

Sure, they've taken a hammering tonight, but they've got nothing to be ashamed of. They actually went to Bayern tonight and tried their best and tried to take the game to them. Great to see the way they've handled themselves throughout this campaign. The better team simply progressed tonight and Bayern really do seem like a damn good shout to win the entire thing, even if so many do think Madrid/Barcelona are some kind of unstoppable force that are better than every classic team in the history of football.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

Going to head off to Stamford Bridge before too long - more in hope than in belief. If any of you end up watching the game...consider my suffering as you do.

Particularly if Chelsea are 1-0 or 2-0 up at any point. The tension will probably be giving me a heart attack. In many ways, two early goals for Napoli would be kinder.