Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

TKz

Sorry for continuing to buy games from a franchise that's put out consistently good titles for years in a row now, with gameplay that we enjoy! But hey, I forgot it's not cool to like Call of Duty openly on the internet.

Thing is,

MW2 was okay at its core, but the perks, the bugs, the glitches, the attachment abusing etc made it shit.

Black Ops was mediocre.

World at War was mediocre to shit.

The last great COD game was COD4.

GTFO.

MW2 was brilliant until it became too riddled with abusers.

Black Ops is decent. It's stripped away the bullshitness of MW2.

WaW was the best of the lot.

I'm a huge Modern Warfare fan and this looks like MW2 rather than Black Ops, which is nice. After playing tons of Call of Duty 4 and Modern Warfare 2 I just couldn't get into Black Ops at all. Something was a little off for me. I liked World at War a little too, but Modern Warfare 2 has been the best by far

• 2 months later...

Ok, we're 2 days away from release so I've bumped this, although there was 2 threads for some reason this was the most recent.

Anyway, which of you motherfuckers are picking up MW3? Mine will be coming Tuesday morning (I hope) but need to go to see the midwife with my girl so I'll more than likely be on most of the afternoon and night.

I probably won't. I've already got Mass Effect 2/LA Noire/Uncharted 3/(and soon) Assassins Creed Revelations sitting there waiting to be completed, not to mention FM12 to absorb every other waking moment of my free time.

I liked MW1/2 a lot, couldn't get into Black Ops and never tried WaW. I expect I would enjoy MW3 too, but it's simply a matter of time.

Fitzy, Rocksta, Eddie (not sure if he is getting it right away, mind you), and myself will all be getting it on the 360.

Clan EWBV represent!

Is Rocksta getting it? He didn't seem sure the day before yesterday when we spoke about it.

I think Tesco have a deal where you get MW3 for £25 with a year of Live.

Whaaaaaaa?

Edit: Wait, nevermind, I just understood what you mean. You buy a year of Live and then you can get MW3 for 25 quid. I thought you meant both for 25 quid. I guess whether that's a good deal or not depends on how much their Live costs.