Football Manager 2012

Lineker

Well, we managed to pull things together long enough to jump from 16th to 13th to end the league, with just three goals against in the last seven games. I consider it a building season, a lot of players will be leaving at the end of their contract due to age/lack of performance, so I'm going to abuse the free transfers to rebuild my squad overall, whilst spending the big money I'll get for TV on a decent new keeper, someone who can Captain the squad better, and generally trying to find some 5* players.

For some reason it feels like the game progresses slower than previous versions. There are too many highlights per game. This might also have to do with the fact my PSG defence is somehow incapable of holding a lead. Fuck it, I installed a name/awards/German national team fix pack anyway, so I'm gonna start a new game with perhaps the most boring and shit team in the EPL:

the mighty MIGHTY Wigan :pervert:

Edited by The Quasi Juice

I dunno. Wigan are too prone to implosion to be completely boring. I don't find them as boring as Fulham, for example.

This is true. I was referring more to the players though, none of them appeal to me. Fulham at least have Bryan Ruiz :shifty: Sunderland are indeed surprisingly boring considering the squad they have.

I've never successfully managed to 'split a save', because I tend to end up dissatisfied with both for some reason (a consequence of divided loyalties, I suppose). You kind of have to decide in advance whether you're playing this game as the "manager" (i.e. with a career to further) or as the "club", and so stick with them.

With that said, I still don't know which direction I'll be going in my Chelsea diary...

Depends for me. 9 time out of 10 they approach me at precisely the wrong moment in the season, when I look like I'm heading towards achieveing something with my current club (whether I succeed is another matter). Those I usually reject out of hand.