Football Manager 2012

Lineker

As with any lower league team, you need to win matches to get more money, and either get promoted or just not get relegated and have decent cup runs to get decent TV money. The higher the performances, the more people come to the stadium, the more profit you will make and over time you will have a good wage budget. But yeah, some clubs are easier to take to the top than others. I can imagine Rochdale would take a while.

Edited by The Quasi Juice

Decided I hate the Brazilian league so I scrapped that game. Going to have a stab at the "take a team from the bottom to top division in England" achievement.

And the lucky team is...BASINGSTOKE!! :w00t:

I want to do Telford, since they're the team I first ever did that with, but they're now BlueSquare Premier :(

I still can't decide who to choose without them there.

EWB Rangers, formerly known as Vauxhall. :shifty:

new challenge...qualify and reach the knockout stages of the world cup or euroes...with Albania.

That's not a challenge. :shifty:

San Marino/Liechtenstein, that's a challenge.

As with any lower league team, you need to win matches to get more money, and either get promoted or just not get relegated and have decent cup runs to get decent TV money. The higher the performances, the more people come to the stadium, the more profit you will make and over time you will have a good wage budget. But yeah, some clubs are easier to take to the top than others. I can imagine Rochdale would take a while.

Ended up Beating ipswich town who are in the PL in the FA cup 3rd round and got the wage budget under control again. Really enjoying watching my 600min goalless striker score a hat trick against them.

I hate Barca....Three seasons at Chelsea on my game and I always end up getting them in the Champions League. Lost to them in the semi finals the first two seasons then lost to them in the quarter finals this season.

Messi just scores for fun against me :(

I've signed Freddy Adu for Vancouver Whitecaps, because not only does he come highly recommended by my scouts but I also enjoy remember when he was the fourteen year old wunderkind and how he's never amounted to anything.

For my next trick, I'll sign Jozy Altidore!

Also, Carlos Valderama is Colorado Rapids manager! Last I heard of him he was inciting riots at football stadiums by throwing money at referees!

I started over the wage budget, damn it!

I lose enough money 1.5 under the wage budget! How do you cope?

I don't. I lost £22,000 in August and the club's bank balance is only £39,000.

Basically, if I paid no one any wages at all, then I might nearly break even. :shifty:

Yay, Stoker and Benji = Basingstoke buddies! >_>

As for the size of the town...it's a shame only 400-600 of the town ever bother turning up to matches, huh? :shifty:

My 100% record disintegrated very quickly with a run of 2 points from 4 games, but everyone in the division seems to be colluding to stay on similar points and there's a 3 point gap between 1st and 9th.

I am also bemused as to why my staff think that Tim Sills is far and away my best striker. I don't know about his skill, but since he can be outrun by a garden snail it's rather moot. I'd rather watch Delano Sam-Yorke amaze and astonish me with his ability to mess up the easiest of shots than sit through a Sills performance.

Sam-Yorke is just... baffling. Not once, but twice, he has managed to absolutely sky shots on an open goal with no-one chasing. him. Sills is a good target man if you aim for the head, but he's not got the best accuracy. I just signed another striker who might round out the trio of out and out strikers (shock horror), who's called Okewu or something like that. He's from Gambia and rather nifty a poacher. The midfield is shockingly bad, and the defence is... uh... there.

How have you managed to go 100% with this team? <_<

I play Sam-Yorke in every match. It's what would be called 'fantastic television', were it actually on television.

Partly it's because he's my only striker suitable to play as a poacher, and all the rest are good target men (and I play either Gradwell or Pratt as my other striker). Partly it's because he gets so many hundreds of chances that he actually manages to score a few as well - 4 in 8 matches, so far. I call it the Salomon Kalou Method. And finally, partly because I find some of his misses so damn funny.

This lowest-to-highest-league quest may be other pretty swiftly if the Potential New Owners replace me like they're hinting to in the press. But in the meantime, I have a transfer embargo to deal with. Wankers.

I now have Arsenal, Chelsea and Man U as parent clubs (all claming first option on players, that'll work) but no feeder clubs whatsoever. I feel i've gone wrong somewhere. Probably because I ask for the Asian club route every time and they don't find a damn thing.

Postal service permitting, I should get the game today. I've narrowed my first game down to:

- Arsenal (for the typical 'big' team game)

- Bayern Munich (as above, and I love my some Bayern)

- Anzhi Makalalkakakakakaka (for the potential to build a big club, hopefully)

- Mansfield Town (for the Blue Square to Prem. challenge; and I went to a Mansfield match once. Ten years ago.)

- GB Olympic team (that's on, right?) for the novelty of it.

Yes, I do use the term 'narrowed down' loosely.