Football Manager 2012

Lineker

You've got to laugh at some of the players who become managers... Just when I was busy amusing myself with Marlon Harewood becoming Southampton boss, I discover that not only has Andrey Arshavin become Birmingham City manager, but he's already been sacked after less than four months (December - March). :lol:

You've got to laugh at some of the players who become managers... Just when I was busy amusing myself with Marlon Harewood becoming Southampton boss, I discover that not only has Andrey Arshavin become Birmingham City manager, but he's already been sacked after less than four months (December - March). :lol:

Poor boy can only deliver at international level!

I still like from my old game on FM11 that Ruud van Nistlerooy was Man Utd manager, Heskey was at Leicester and Gary Neville was a former Spurs manager. While Michael Owen managed DC United.

Nothing is really jumping out as an amusing player turned manager in my current game yet. A few ex Irish internationals manage Irish teams. Keith Andrews is at Longford. Graham Kavanagh at UCD. Kevin Kilbane is national coach.

Nesta is Lazio manager.

Best players turned managers I've seen all came in FM 2007.

Gareth Southgate taking Middlesbrough into the Champions League, earning himself a move to Arsenal, winning the league once and fucking off to Inter.

Chris Hutchings as long-serving Spurs manager, eventually taking over at Man Utd.

Perhaps the best for the sheer WTF-ed-ness - Francesco Totti, my ball control coach, goes to a bottom of the Championship Luton and completely changes their fortunes to win the league and steer them into the Prem. As a sidenote, I looked for that saved game earlier but couldn't find it, so instead I fired up FM 2005 and fucked about signing a 17 year old Messi, a 15 year old Adu and a 15 year old dos Santos :shifty:

That got boring so now I'm on FM 12, which I finally bought the other day because my seven year game on '11 is too easy. Started a game as Spurs, initially on the updated database, before seeing that I had Nelsen and Saha and letting out a resounding 'fuck that'. So started again on the default database. Spurs certainly have a lot of old players! I don't think I'll sell anyone this season but I've already earmarked like seven who need to leave at the end, including all three goalies. In the long term I've earmarked Mandanda as my future number one, Marco Reus to provide competition to Lennon and, depending how much cash I have/am willing to spend, either Abel Hernandez (would be very expensive) or Lewandowski as my lone striker, because despite his awesome stats I have no desire trying to sign a 27 year-old Adebayor permanently. Younes Belhanda's agent has thrown a spanner in the works by telling me he would be available for £4M. He looks pretty good but my concern is that I've built my tactic around the pace of Bale and Lennon so I'd want somebody faster in there. I think I might take him on anyway because what's £4M for a player of his quality? And anyway, that way I can put him in as Lennon's back-up, meaning Pienaar can back-up RVDV, Kranjcar can deputise for Modric and I can shift Huddlestone over as Parker's cover while Sandro is injured. The other player I'm looking to buy is Gabriel Araujo, a promising young left back who can cover for BAE this season and hopefully replace him in the long run. Looks pretty good value at £2.8M.

Guest mr. potato head

Perhaps the best for the sheer WTF-ed-ness - Francesco Totti, my ball control coach, goes to a bottom of the Championship Luton and completely changes their fortunes to win the league and steer them into the Prem.

THE KING OF ROME IS NOT DEAD, BURNINATING PESCI :w00t:

FM seems to be going round in circles. Chelsea just won the 2016-17 Premier League title with Guardiola in his first year there. However, he immediately fucks off again to become Spain manager (sounds about right). Mourinho, who already had two more years at Chelsea after I left, was shit, and headed back off to Inter Milan AGAIN...immediately starts jumping up and down saying "I WANNA GO TO CHELSEA". So Chelsea hire him back for a third stint as boss, leaving a vacancy at Inter. Who fills that? Rafa Benitez.

*headdesk*

So, question...with those "add every league in the world ever" mods, if you were to load up one of them (so say somewhere random like Angola), would over time if you were to sim that league, Angola as a national team get better too (because the game re-gens more players in Angola and because there's more of a focus)? I've always wondered how that stuff works.

I would assume yes.

My Whitecaps are essential through to a second CONCACAF Champions League final barring a massive home collapse. We defeated Atlas 3-0 away from home and the chances of them beating us by enough to over come that at BC are slim.

A potential all MLS final might be in doubt after DC United lost 3-1 to Santos Laguna. If DC turn it around and we face them in the final it would be a repeat of the last two MLS Cup finals. I would be happy not to repeat. I don't like playing against DC. Granted we aren't as poor against them anymore but they're historically a team that worries us.

So if you make a deal with a free agent or a youth player outside of the transfer window, it doesn't go into effect until the next window opens right?

That is correct, although free transfers have their own, wider window.

Everytime I go to load my save FM crashes. :'(

Corrupted save file? Happened to my Norwich game when the laptop switched itself off midway through saving.

I do not think so. Game has saved properly last I saved it.

Ive verified then cache and it is loading. Hasn't crashed yet. It's not responding but this is nothing new for my laptop when loading games.

That is correct, although free transfers have their own, wider window.

Everytime I go to load my save FM crashes. :'(

Corrupted save file? Happened to my Norwich game when the laptop switched itself off midway through saving.

I think I've had this before, which is why it's a good idea to have more than one save of the same game.