Football Manager 2012

Lineker

47 games unbeaten.

Then lose to Seatle 1-0.

I yelled harshly at my team for that.

Would you say your team was... *sunglasses*... soundly disciplined?

Scraped into 6th place at the end of the 2018/19 season with a draw against Cesena while Fiorentina lost to let me leapfrog them via goal difference. This, thanks to Genoa winning the Italian Cup, gets me into European football next season in the unbridled glory that is the Europa League Third Qualifying Round. Have never won the Europa League before so looking forward to a go at that.

Seven summer signings followed, plus a couple of exits such as 31 yr old Pedro being off to AC Milan for £8.5m after he had the temerity to ask for 130k wages for a contract extension. His replacement is Stephen El Shaarawy, brought back to Italy from Malaga for exactly the same fee - but lower wages of course, not to mention he's only 26.

The most cash was splashed on 20 yr old Argentinian DR/L Oliver Alexis Sagarzazu, signed from Boca for £18.75m. Other regen signings include a Welsh DM named Aled Allen (20 yr old, £6m from Cardiff City), who will supplant Wilson Palacios as a starter in my 4-2-3-1 formation (wherein the 2 are actually proper DMs unlike in my England team). Also took a punt on an injury-prone Spanish 18 yr old centre-back just because on a free transfer, why not? Brought in Jack Butland from Chelsea as a backup keeper too, and extended 33 yr old Gary Cahill's contract by another year (having signed him on a six month contract for about £400k last January, making that the second time I'd bought him during this game...).

In attack I signed James Rodriguez from Spurs on a permanent deal for £4m after he was amazing for me in the AMC role on loan last season. Competition will be provided by 31 yr old Josip Illcic, £3m from Arsenal, who will also be handy if Angel Di Maria tears something and misses half a season again (even he's 31 now, of course).

My main striker, a 23 yr old Kenyan named Moses Ochieng - the previously mentioned regen who had trouble hitting barn doors - became amazing not long after and ended up with 24 goals last season. So far in 2019/20 we've only had the two EL 3rd Qual round matches (vs Olimpija Ljubljana, lol), which we won 9-1 on aggregate...and Ochieng scored 7 of them. Yowza.

But in all seriousness, Miles has said there won't be any announcements till late August at the earliest.

Nothing substantial, just mostly people suggesting shit and/or unworkable ideas.

My personal recent favourite is the tool who wanted them to get rid of regens.

No replacement idea, just get rid of them.

All.

Completely.

2035 would be a hoot playing 46 year old 3 a side.

Guest mr. potato head

Started a game as TFC.

By which I mean Toulouse, not Toronto :shifty:

For whatever reason, the game simmed a day or two before letting me jump in, so I had a transfer offer from Ajax for M'Bengue to deal with right away. Upside, I could use the money as I had no transfer budget and like 200 pounds in excess wage budget. Downside, he's quite a good player. Ended up talking them up to 4.4mil and selling him. Used a portion of the proceeds to bring in 32-year-old Swissman Ludovic Magnin as a replacement left-back and can still bring in another player or two if the opportunity presents itself.

Like the looks of my squad so far. 2-2-0 in preseason friendlies. Will probably be in tougher against River in the last friendly (I don't get it either), but start the season at Auxerre which is manageable. A couple players who stand out in star ratings in Daniel Braaten and Moussa Sissoko, plus a couple injured players who look like they should be good, but I've even put talentless U19s on the pitch and had them slot in seamlessly.

Won the promotion playoff with Xerez and now I'm trying to upgrade my team even though the man I trust with judging ability says my team is full of 3.5-4 star players in the first 11.

Arsene took over Barca after Pep left for Spain, and Arsenal hired Sinisa Mihajiovic to replace him

Fuck. Just took a young English left winger (either 20 or 21 yrs old, can't remember) on trial, only to discover his stats are goddamn stonking. To sign he'd want 90kpw and First Team status...which he totally justifies, don't get me wrong, but I have no idea where that'd leave the still-wonderful Angel Di Maria in regards to my squad, and would basically be the death knell on Illcic's Juventus career barely three weeks into it.

I know it's a no brainer and I absolutely have to sign him, but you know when they say that having too many great players is "every manager's favourite dilemma"? Not mine. I bloody well hate it. <_<

Sevilla just paid me £10mil to loan out my 2nd choice striker for the season, this is after I loaned him out for £7.5mil to Inter Milan the season before and that was only from the 31st of January. Didn't realise clubs were stupid enough to pay that much money for loans. I think I'll just lease the lad out for the rest of his career to make a stupid profit.