Football Manager 2012

Lineker

So Fortune goes off injured, and I'm shitting it. He's scored most of our goals this season. So Taylor-Fletcher comes off the bench. First highlight after, he smashes one in from around 23 yards. :w00t:

Hope Fortune is back soon though. He's been great so far, and though GTF just made me jump out my seat I'm not sure he'll do it weekly.

Decided to play as the Met Police on the side, but I forgot how painfully boring it is managing at low-level.

You're the worst.

• Like 2

Finally got back into a game managing Ipswich, something I hadn't done while owning FM12. I've actually never managed in the championship for a prolonged time on this game. Ipswich are given a pretty healthy budget of 4 million at the start of the season with expectation of a top half finish, but so far, I'm in the top 3 after 18 games - as I should be with the kind of money I've had, though I've only spent 2 mil of it. Craig Dawson came in from WB for 1.4 mil and has been a rock at the back - while I've brought in Ross Barkley, Lijach, Chris Herd on loan from the prem. It's going okay so far and I';m hoping to get promoted this season, but the squad would need complete reshaping as only a few players could cut it in the prem.

Started a game as Wales on the default database, guided them to victories over Australia (5-2), Montenegro (3-0) and Switzerland (3-2), although defeat to England (4-1) ended whatever outside chance I had of snatching second or third. A 1-0 loss to Bulgaria in the final game of the group consigned Wales to last place, with a respectable 6 points.

Friendly draws with Slovakia and Luxembourg followed, with Wales moving up to the top 75 in the World, from 121st shortly after I took over. I lost 2-0 to Greece and then applied for the GB Olympic side and got that job.

Didn't realise I'd lose the Wales job for it hmm.gif

Played friendlies against Uruguay (2-0 win) and group rivals Australia (5-0 win), then thrashed the Aussies in the group 6-2, with Theo Walcott having 5 goals by half time as well as an injury that would send him home from the Tournament. Called up Agbonlahor to replace him, and prepared to face Mexico...

Andy Carroll is a dick and got sent off 4 minutes in. Gareth Bale gets injured 7 minutes in. Danny Welbeck also gets injured before half time, with the game poised at 1-1. Didn't matter, as goals from Jack Wilshere and Connor Wickham ensured a 3-1 win and progression to the next round.

Unfortunately... Carroll got slapped with a three match ban, meaning he's there for the final if I get there. Bale is out for 6-9 days, so he misses at least two games and Welbeck I've replaced with Daniel Sturridge, so my squad now looks like this:

Joe Hart

Jason Steele

Kyle Walker

Chris Smalling

Craig Dawson

Phil Jones

Ryan Bertrand

Gareth Bale

Joe Allen

Jordan Henderson

Marc Albrighton

Jack Wilshere

Aaron Ramsey

Tom Cleverly

Gabby Agbonlahor

Connor Wickham

Daniel Sturridge

Andy Carrol

Decided to play as the Met Police on the side, but I forgot how painfully boring it is managing at low-level.

You're the worst.

If you have fun managing a bunch of nobodies then good for you!

I've done games from the Conference N/S (9th/10th tier on 2011) upwards plenty of times, it's just boring as hell until a few seasons in when you start making decent progress.

cool story bro.

in better news.. somehow beat Spurs in the CC Semi final.. we're into the final! chufties. 3 - 0 on agg. a 2 - 0 home win in the 2nd leg was wonderful after snatching the win at their place. they had a centre back sent off in both games. totes excited.

mu3-2eve.png

That was close!

I'm 4 games in. I started the season with a 2-0 loss away to Southampton, but then thrashed West Brom 5-2 at OT, followed by a 3-1 win over Swansea at the Liberty.

Conceding far too many goals at the moment, so I'll change a couple of things.

Oh and before you ask, yes, it was a dodgy penalty that won me the game. shifty.gif

EDIT: Also, Arsenal have started shockingly - they lost 5-0 on agg to Fenerbahce in their CL play-off, and had two 0-0 draws in between losses to Spurs (3-0) and Stoke (1-0). 18th after four games. Arsene out!

I've won the Europa League with Parkvilla. We drew our way past Liverpool, PSG and Juve. Then beat Fiorentina 2-0 in the final.

I think this save has peaked.

Not yet. I'm a club icon though.

It's amazing to win the Europa League when you're team averages 630 people at regular home games.

Teams falling apart too. Shelvey, Coutinho and Talevera have all expressed a desire to leave. We let Robbie Keane go because he refused a new contract.