War of the Worlds - Spielberg and Cruise

BlackFlagg

From 411

Tom Cruise and Steven Spielberg will make Hollywood history with War of the Worlds. The film's budget will make it the most expensive film ever made. Even more expensive than the $198 million Titanic.

Cruise will pocket a fifth of the box office profit from the film. War of the Worlds is based on the H.G. Wells story about Martian invaders.

god damn....more than 198 million for the budget? thats insane. i hope that they do good, but hopefully it is good, cause i love the book.

Of course it should be noted that approximately 150 million dollars of the budget will go to proper trailers for individual trailers for their collective egos. ;)

It'll probably be a big hit and make it's money back no problem, but I kind of hope it flops and does less than one hundred million.

Of course it should be noted that approximately 150 million dollars of the budget will go to proper trailers for individual trailers for their collective egos.  ;)

It'll probably be a big hit and make it's money back no problem, but I kind of hope it flops and does less than one hundred million.

Of course it should be noted that approximately 150 million dollars of the budget will go to proper trailers for individual trailers for their collective egos.  ;)

Me too. It would be fun comparing this to Ishtar, and Pluto Nash, and Waterworld...

But wouldn't it be even more fun if they used all that money to make a spectacular movie? I mean I agree that it is fun to make fun of flops, but I want this movie to be great. Why doesn't anyone else?

Its about Aliens invading Earth or something like it. As for who will score the movie, most likely the great John Williams. Just a guess though. But isn't Spiderman 2 the one with the biggest budget(200 million I heard)?

I thought that Troy had the record for the most money spent on a film...even though I didn't much care for Troy.

I'm suprised to see Spielberg doing a movie without Tom Hanks! That's pretty much all Spielberg has been doing lately.

I was really looking forward to another add on to the Mission Impossible series, but I guess that was pushed back.

Me too. It would be fun comparing this to Ishtar, and Pluto Nash, and Waterworld...