2011 NFL Season

gunnar hendershow

Problem: An American friend of mine, despite being from North Carolina, has admitted to me she roots for New England. Do I have to kill her?

It depends how long she has been a Pats fan for and also why she is one. If her family has always been a Pats fan, its understandable, especially since Carolina has only been around for about 15 years now.

I also don't think Romo has a lack of talent. The guy is a talented QB. He just makes to many mental mistakes and doesn't seem to have a drive and passion for success.

Edited by bill_da_bill

Tony Romo is that guy who has tons of raw talent but never seems consumed by the desire to be the best at his position and just coasts through a career living on talent. I guess he reminds me of a Lamar Odom, Derrick Coleman or a Ken Griffey Jr. in that respect. If Romo maintained his skills but had Tom Brady's or Peyton Manning's desire, then his passing stats would be disgusting and he'd already be a multiple time SB champion. Thankfully Romo's just happy to be a guy who is the QB of "America's Team" and loves being a celebrity.

Tony Romo is that guy who has tons of raw talent but never seems consumed by the desire to be the best at his position and just coasts through a career living on talent. I guess he reminds me of a Lamar Odom, Derrick Coleman or a Ken Griffey Jr. in that respect. If Romo maintained his skills but had Tom Brady's or Peyton Manning's desire, then his passing stats would be disgusting and he'd already be a multiple time SB champion. Thankfully Romo's just happy to be a guy who is the QB of "America's Team" and loves being a celebrity.

:huh:

You know Griffey was someone who had a rep for not really putting in too much time into honing his craft off of the field. The guy had the potential to be the GOAT (at least in terms of non pitchers), and instead will have to "settle" for being a top 25 type guy with 0 championships to show for his career. To compare him to someone who is still playing now, Serena Williams can take a year off and pretty much still dominate her sport. Her 13 GS titles are #1 for active women and 6th all time. If she'd had that maniacal desire to stay in shape and best Graf's 22 trophies, she probably would have done it already. Instead, she'll go down as someone whose potential got them to the HOF and in the mix for "best ever" instead of in the short list of 2 or 3 people who will always be discussed as such. There's no shame in that, but it's still true.

It wasn't Griffey's attitude or work ethic that prevented him from being GOAT. It was injuries.

^ That all day long. By no means was he a Jerry Rice type with his work ethic, but his dad got it in his head early that he needed to bust his ass to be great. I honestly think his natural ability ended up slighting his work ethic because much of what he did seemed effortless because of his natural talent.

So all the talk about 'Brady has never thrown for 420 yards and whatever'... how about 511?

Yes, because clearly there are thousands of people saying that. This is a guy who threw 50 TDs in a season, I really don't think anyone is doubting how prolific a quarterback he is.

• Like 3

So all the talk about 'Brady has never thrown for 420 yards and whatever'... how about 511?

Yes, because clearly there are thousands of people saying that. This is a guy who threw 50 TDs in a season, I really don't think anyone is doubting how prolific a quarterback he is.

'

I guess you didn't watch any of the ESPN shows today. "Cam Newton is the greatest, he threw for over 420 yards, Tom Brady has never done it!!" So I was laughing at that fact.

s'ok .... I have Brady and his awesomeness tonight ... AND STILL will lose by 30 in the freaking EWB league ... two people put up more than me, and of course I'm matched with the high scorer for week 1 ... fantastic. <_<:rolleyes::angry:

I believe this may be the first time in 7 seasons that I've been high scorer too.

Tom Brady is just OK. He couldn't start at Michigan and was drafted 199th. His success in the NFL is due to Belichick and spy cameras. Hell, the season he missed they still went 11-5. The guy is no Cam Newton.

:shifty:

s'ok .... I have Brady and his awesomeness tonight ... AND STILL will lose by 30 in the freaking EWB league ... two people put up more than me, and of course I'm matched with the high scorer for week 1 ... fantastic. <_<:rolleyes::angry:

I believe this may be the first time in 7 seasons that I've been high scorer too.

Romo suxxxxxxx :pervert: s'all I got at the moment, *sigh*