2011 NFL Season

gunnar hendershow

The good: Philadelphia ruined the St. Louis offense. 18 points makes them the second highest point producer on my team (third if you count Randall Cobb, who I picked up after his video game performance on Thursday). Reggie Wayne did alright, and Johnny Knox picked up some points on the flex.

The bad: EVERYBODY ELSE. Ingram went nowhere, Bowe and Daniels had three catches between them and there is an excellent chance Cam Newton will do better than Ryan. Hmph.

Steelers are showing how low class they are, actively trying to bait the Ravens into personal fouls. That's pathetic, take your loss like men.

Watching the Eagles game..what happened?

After the play was over there were the usual cheapshots and headbutts you would expect from Roger Goodell's favorite team. The worst of it happened when they were down 32-7 and the game was already over figuratively.

Cam Newton looks like he could break Peytons week 1 passing record.

He just nailed a rushing TD too.

Who was saying he'd be a bust?

oh come on now, 1 game against 1 of the worst defenses in the league.

I've heard enough and seen enough of him. he's already better than the failure that is Jimmy Clausen and probably has more TD's than Clausen all of last year, BUT he's still got big bust potential and I'm not buying it.

He broke the record. I don't care what you guys say, it's impressive. That record has stood since Manning's rookie year, it's an impressive feat for a rookie. Leave it at that and stop belittling everything. Yeah, it's a weak defense, it's also his first NFL start ever and he's doing it with the offense of a team that won 2 games last year. Impressive, end of story.

• Like 1

Exactly, he actually looks like a pro qb here, adapted extremely well.

how do you get that from one game? Arizona's starting CB's are a rookie and a guy that spent last year on the practice squad. he also threw a poor INT. he also got flagged for unsportsman like conduct with excessive celebration. is that acting like a pro qb?

it's a good game, I'll give him credit but you are overreacting.

Edited by mystikz

This week has SUCKED. My fantasy team is playing like shit, the Giants are losing to the Deadskins of all teams and I have to read a bunch of praise for $cam Newton. Now watch the Sanchize throw for 400+ yards in a 38-0 blowout just so I can hear all about how the Jets are destined to win the SB this year. Ugh.

This week has SUCKED. My fantasy team is playing like shit, the Giants are losing to the Deadskins of all teams and I have to read a bunch of praise for $cam Newton. Now watch the Sanchize throw for 400+ yards in a 38-0 blowout just so I can hear all about how the Jets are destined to win the SB this year. Ugh.

Shut up, you know you'd hate a Cowboys win more.

Exactly, he actually looks like a pro qb here, adapted extremely well.

how do you get that from one game? Arizona's starting CB's are a rookie and a guy that spent last year on the practice squad. he also threw a poor INT. he also got flagged for unsportsman like conduct with excessive celebration. is that acting like a pro qb?

it's a good game, I'll give him credit but you are overreacting.

It was his first ever rushing td in the nfl, much more experienced players have been flagged for over celebrating.

For some reason it seems you really dont like Cam.

Now watch the Sanchize throw for 400+ yards in a 38-0 blowout just so I can hear all about how the Jets are destined to win the SB this year. Ugh.

I'd be fine with that happening. Would save me staying up too late.

My fantasy team has taken an absolute battering today, Mike Tolbert and his 3TDs are at least salvaging some pride but it's been brutal.

Shut up, you know you'd hate a Cowboys win more.

Not true. The Giants will be lucky to win 7 games this year and it's pretty clear that the Cowboys and/or Eagles will be playoff teams so I'm resigned to that. But, the Jets winning the SB would make living in this city unbearable. Yankees fans are slightly less annoying than the new era Jets fan. It's so bad that I would have to root for Dallas if Jets/Cowboys was the SB pairing :(

The cherry on the poop sundae that is this week is that I'm also in last place in the Pick 'Em league. Fantastic.

Passing yards by a rookie in week one. He's also very likely going to break the Panther's franchise record for passing yards in a game by a rookie. He's also got more total TDs than Jimmy Clausen had last season.