2011 NFL Season

gunnar hendershow

From a Bill Simmons article after the first week of the season

Scott from Dallas summed it up even better a few hours after the Jets' collapse: "I'd like to propose a new statistic: It seems unfair that all interceptions, fumbles, drops, and mistakes are equally weighted, when clearly some are more costly than others. Why not identify the most boneheaded or disastrous offensive play of each NFL game and dub it 'The Romo?' This might give us a better picture of the win/loss contributions of a player. So when someone says a quarterback threw for 4,200 yards and 24 touchdowns last season, you can counter with, 'Yeah, but he led the league in Romos!'"

Yup, there is no better way to summarize Romo's career.

Fuck Andy Reid. I want his fat ass towed out of town. And a special fuck you to Jeremy Maclin. How about learning how to hold onto the ball?? 1st your drop costs us the Atlanta game. And now your nonchalant ball handling is one of the reasons, (No fucking linebackers; missed fgs; horrible goalline offense; terrible defensive scheme and coordinator) being the others, costs us the Niners game.

Oh and did I mention that no one on the defense knows how to tackle??

Time for more shots of Tequila and the Phillies.

How the fuck did the Giants do it again? Tom Coughlin is saving his job so far this year. Excited to see them and the Skins duke it out for NFC East supremacy.

Dream Team is similar to a lot of free agency teams, they bring in a lot of guys with no chemistry, put them in a new system, and it doesn't work. Worse yet, they have a new Defensive Coordinator who was up until this year an O-Line Coach. It was a recipe for disaster and I should have pegged them at 7-9 before the seasons started. Their Special Teams and Offensive Line are also abortions. Wondering if this is the year that leads to Reid getting canned, or if they somehow salvage a .500 record or 9-7 mark to close the year for him to use as job-saving leverage.

Steelers line is terrible, their defense can still keep them in games but barely. Wouldn't be shocked if they finish 8-8 or 9-7, still a tough team for anyone though.

Lions had the game gifted to them by Romo. Not disputing that they don't deserve to be 4-0, especially with 3 wins on the road, but they've got some real tough teams coming their way starting next week with Chicago and them missing out on the playoffs due to no running game wouldn't come as a shock to me. My prediction though? I think they're going to end up 11-5 and get the Wild Card.

Big game tonight, it's going to come down to a FG. If Ray Rice can get outside I feel real confident since the Jets can't stop anyone running on the outside. We won't be passing for too much, but if the running game gets going we'll have some openings for the WR's. Ravens are wearing the all black jerseys and the city is pumped, crowd will loud from the kickoff to the end of the game and it's gonna be a blast.

I believe in Eli!

Another win and another INTless game. As long as Eli can keep the ball safe we have as good a chance as anyone to take the East despite the decimating injuries. I do love how the Division is essentially upside down compared to early season predictions!

lol Eagles and Cowgirls :lol:

The Jets might have the worst, most pitiful offensive line in football.

Just. So. Bad.

No one (well except McKnight) has actually done anything good in this game though.

EDIT:

Add David Harris to that.

Edited by Cadj

and Calvin Johnson scores even in triple coverage.... but Cris Carter said he wasn't elite.

The Lions don't like scoring until the 2nd half apparently

Yeah, Cris Carter has been great overall for ESPN but I don't know what the hell he was thinking there.

Edit: Just got home and turned on this game. Forgot to put it on DVR. Was the Sanchez "fumble" that got recovered and taken for a TD by the Ravens really a fumble? I got a couple of texts and the Jets radio crew made it sound like it was a bad call.

Edited by sahyder1