2011 NFL Season

gunnar hendershow

And then proceeded to win 3 out of 4 Super Bowls, if anything his demise came because of Aikman and Irvin getting career-ending injuries before that team could go and make one final run at it at the start of the century. Now his problem is that Bill Parcells never went out to find a bonafide franchise QB and the Cowboys are stuck in mediocre land for the foreseeable future.

See also the Dolphins for years after Marino retired, Broncos for years after Elway retired, the Titans, and the Giants minus the year where they sold their souls to the devil.

I'm a Cowboys fan, but I also believe Jerry Jones is an asshole and needs to hire a general manager and let them actually manage.

Davis was a visionary and did guide the Raiders to a lot of successful seasons......decades ago. He didn't change with the times enough. And I think he's responsible for a lot of the team's problems. Jon Gruden said the reason he quit coaching the Raiders and went to the Buccaneers was because he didn't have any real power as the team's head coach because players knew if he asked them to do something and they didn't want to they could always go over his head to Davis.

Don't think that's enough evidence against Davis? Well.....JaMarcus Russell. `nuff said.

• Like 1

Ah shit, that's too bad. RIP Al.

Um...does this make Jerry Jones the league's defacto old crazy guy?

I think so. If not him, then certainly Jim Irsay.

Edit: On second thought, M pretty much hit the nail on the head. Hiring Matt Millen pretty much set the Lions back for years. How William Clay Ford lasted so long as owner is beyond me.

Because you can't fire the owner? :unsure:

It is easy to kill the Raiders for recent drafts but his resume speaks for himself. His AFL tenure. What he did with the Raiders. Lets not forget that they were in the Super Bowl this decade. It wasn't just his success 30 years ago. Were there some puzzling personnel decisions? Yes. But I don't think it takes away from his overall resume.

Edited by sahyder1

Al%20Davis.jpg

Totally don't believe that Al Davis is dead. Does that picture really look like a man that can die? He's probably just gone into hibernation, he'll be back next april to draft some sprinter with hands of stone and everything will return to normal.

Jerry Jones praised Tony Romo's play in that Jets game this season. Game. Set. Match.

If I was a fan of an AFC West team I'd be upset today since the Raiders will no doubt be more successful in the draft. Is there any chance they go back to LA?

But I don't think it takes away from his overall resume.

Yeah, it does. They were so bad and so many that there are multiple generations that have no clue he was ever something positive in the game.

His draft selections read off in such a way that the Dallas blunders look like sparkling rays of sunshine. Hell, let's not even get into his personnel decisions in free agency and with his own guys. Ditto how he "handled" coaches. I mean hell his shit streak in the draft goes back before Todd Marinovich.

Hell, he sided with the USFL when they sued the NFL ... :mellow:

I don't really think many people on here realize just how quickly and how far Davis fell off the cliff.

I was worried about this. The eagles moves were solid and all but at the end of last year the one thing I felt we truly truly truly needed adressed was the offensive line. And we just didn't do that. The offense could be truly dynamic but the line is just so so critical. Yah our linebacking core sucks dick too but hey fuck it.

The Eagles going 1-4 is just brilliant, there's no other way to describe it! :lol:

Giants shouldn't even be in this situation, lets see if Eli can pull out the goods 3 weeks in a row.

EDIT: nope another tipped pass and a loss to the fucking Seahawks at home. :(

• Like 1