2011 NFL Season

gunnar hendershow

McCoy was playing like someone who had heart. Riley Cooper was playing like someone who had something to prove. Vince Young played like someone who was atleast trying to win a game..

McCoy was playing like someone who had heart. Riley Cooper was playing like someone who had something to prove. Vince Young played like someone who was atleast trying to win a game..

Shady is the only bright spot we've had all year. Much of what I saw today was again terrible playcalling and atrocious defense. Seriously, how can one team be THAT BAD at tackling? It's mind-boggling.

Well Trotter has been on 97.5 lately saying his sons pee wee team tackles better then the Eagles. Ever since Jim Johnsons passing, this team can't tackle for shit. Fuck my nephews JV team looks like they could outplay the Eagles

I have said this for the last few years about the Eagles and people continue to look at me as if I have two heads.

But Andy Reid has assembled a college football team here in Philadelphia. He has fixated on speed over strength, and you can't do that and expect to win in the National Football League.

In college football, the talent pool is so broad that if you get the fastest kids you can find, and you'll be sucessful. That's Oregon's kick. They get the fastest kids and put up fifty points a game.

But in the NFL, everyone is fast. The offensive linemen are deceptively fast. Every. Person. Is. Fast. The gap is closed in the pro's.

In professional football, you need a team that is tough and strong. You need players that can fight in the trenches without getting shifted out of position every play. You need linebackers that aren't undersized and that won't get knocked flat on their ass by a blocking wide receiver. Doesn't matter how fast you are when you're on your back looking up at the sky. There is absolutely no strength or toughness on that Philadelphia defense. They're all finese and that doesn't fly in this league. Not over the course of a season, anyway.

It aggravates the shit out of me when all anyone wants to talk about here is the playcalling. Yes, Andy Reid throws too much. Yes, he should give the ball to LeSean McCoy probably two times more than he does. But the problems with this Philadelphia team go behind what Reid mumbles into the headset.

Best case scenario for Eagle fans is they bring in some hard-nosed, blue-collar defensive-minded coach to toughen up the ninnies on the defense, or to replace them with someone who likes to crack heads.

Best case scenario for Eagle haters is they keep Andy Reid for the last year of his contract. They keep Castillo at defensive coordinator. And the Giants and Cowboys get to see which one chokes first to determine who gets the chance to choke in the playoffs.

If DeSean is going anywhere, it'll be the Redskins. Talented player that gets moody and doesn't give his all? That's got Snyder deal written all over it.

• Like 1

For people that watch more Broncos games than I, they run a 4-3 defense still right? If that is true, how the heck is Von Miller getting all these sacks? Are they blitzing him a ton or do they put him on the line sometimes?

We run a 4-3, but Dumerville is one of the ends. Since he's a hybrid of an outside linebacker and defensive end, he sometimes stands to make it look more like a 3-4. Other than that I don't know what to tell you. He was kind of quite for the first few weeks, but once he got comfortable in his role on this defense, he's just been a monster. I love him.

If DeSean is going anywhere, it'll be the Redskins. Talented player that gets moody and doesn't give his all? That's got Snyder deal written all over it.

Funny...I posted this on my friends FB page last night, since he's a Redskins fan

.best wishes to the Redskins, who will most likely be the team who overpays Jackson next season

10 hours ago · Like

If Robinson hadn't emerged as such a good 3rd WR, I would have expected Jerry to be all over him. I don't think the Pats will touch him, they've had all they can handle of moody underachievers this season.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up on the 49ers if he's not asking for TOO much as they could use another WR and it would be double good as they need more speed at the position.

That said, the price will probably be too much for Harbaugh to feel like its worth it.