2011 NFL Season

gunnar hendershow

Yeah, I have a feeling he's going to want Top-Three receiver money, which is hysterical. Wouldn't be shocked if someone gives it to him, anyway, though.

The Jets will probably try to sign him since their receivers have done a whole lot of nothing this year, and his ability to be controversial has value to that franchise.

Jim Harbaugh is not the type of person to put up with DumbSean's shit.

Do the Jets have any cap room left? I know he's the type of douchebag they love there and actually does fill a hole for them (big play receiver), but I just can't see that fit happening. They might find a way to cut out some depth in favor of another skill player, I'm beginning to think that's the direction they want to head.

Bucs have to add payroll next year, they might be my dark horse pick now that I think about it.

Agreed. There are no dividends paid but if you're a fan of sports history $250 isn't too bad of a price to be an NFL owner. I know there aren't any dividends paid but does anyone know what happens with the profits the team makes? Who gets it? The town?

There is a Green Bay Packers Foundation set up. Some laws are adjusted per-say to make the Packers a publicly traded, yet non-profit organization.

The Packers Foundation is in place to divide any profits to nonprofit charities that make requests to the Packers. If the team was sold all remaining balance would go to the foundation as well. The Foundation is primarily in place so the team would never be able to move away from Green Bay.

The Packers also hold an annual stock holders meeting at Lambeau every year and the public stock holders are allowed to vote on many topics and such. Don't know how much weight it holds, but there something like that in place.

Edited by Sacrafice540

The Jets will probably try to sign him since their receivers have done a whole lot of nothing this year, and his ability to be controversial has value to that franchise.

Plaxico has done a fair amount in the red zone this year which has been a massive problem for this team.

Do the Jets have any cap room left? I know he's the type of douchebag they love there and actually does fill a hole for them (big play receiver), but I just can't see that fit happening. They might find a way to cut out some depth in favor of another skill player, I'm beginning to think that's the direction they want to head.

Sure the Jets have quite a bit of cap room left I believe, which was surprising to everybody in the summer. I can see them moving for DeSean, as stated, team loves controversy and might as well add another inconsistent WR to the batch of already inconsistent WRs.

Matt Forte - out for the game. So it is now down to Caleb Hanie and Marion Barber to lead the Bears to a win....

Oh, and in the same game Kyle Orton comes in for one play, and dislocates his finger.

Also, Chris Johnson is alive against Buffalo. And Cam Newton is doing everything today for Carolina (4/7 75 yds, TD / 32 rush yards, TD / 1 reception, 27 yards)

Some really exciting games going on right now. Football Sundays are a lot more fun not having to watch the Eagles lose... :crying:

The one thing I hate is that ESPN keeps bringing up Bret Favre. Tried to watch First Take one day this past week, and during the debate segments one of topics was which player could most help a team right now: Favre or T.O., and unsurprisingly everyone picked Favre. And another day they debated whether the Bears or Texans should try to get Favre to play for them.

Sorry, but I don't see how they can justify picking Favre over T.O. at all.....other than the fact that ESPN loves to kiss Favre's ass along with Tom Brady's. Because if you've got a bad WR, its no problem; you just use them as a distraction and throw to everyone else. But if you've got a bad QB, you're fucked unless you switch to an offense that consists of short passes and a running game. T.O.'s knee might be questionable, but he looked good in his public workout, while Favre was crap his last two seasons in the NFL.

Jets win in typical Jet fashion.

Step 1 - Stay neck and neck with a below average team

Step 2 - Go down by a field goal with not much time remaining

Step 3 - After having a mediocre at best game Sanchez delivers go ahead TD

The only thing they missed out on today was Step 4 which is where the D lets the other team go length of the field for a more dramatic finish.

Newton breaks the single season QB rushing TD record in his first year.

He's so terrible, will never make it in the NFL.

Newton is playing better than expected, but I don't see him lasting long. Look at Michael Vick injured off and on all year. Cam has taken some big hits this year with his running style, I'm honestly surprised he hasn't gotten hurt yet. it's high risk, I've seen him straight try to jump over people and land awkwardly.

impressive play from the Texans, they stay #1 in the AFC after losing Schaub and Leinart. their defense and run game is so good, their QB almost doesn't matter.

The one thing I hate is that ESPN keeps bringing up Bret Favre. Tried to watch First Take one day this past week, and during the debate segments one of topics was which player could most help a team right now: Favre or T.O., and unsurprisingly everyone picked Favre. And another day they debated whether the Bears or Texans should try to get Favre to play for them.

Sorry, but I don't see how they can justify picking Favre over T.O. at all.....other than the fact that ESPN loves to kiss Favre's ass along with Tom Brady's. Because if you've got a bad WR, its no problem; you just use them as a distraction and throw to everyone else. But if you've got a bad QB, you're fucked unless you switch to an offense that consists of short passes and a running game. T.O.'s knee might be questionable, but he looked good in his public workout, while Favre was crap his last two seasons in the NFL.

You mean 2 out of his last 3 seasons. His first season in Minnesota was one of his best seasons ever..4200 yards, 33 TDs and only 7 picks

damn..didn't notice I wasn't on the last page of the thread