2011 NFL Season

gunnar hendershow

World champion? America is silly.

I'm British but :rolleyes:

Do people have to say shit like this every year?

"THE WORLD SERIES?! BUT IT'S ONLY AMERICAN TEAMS, WTF MANNNNN"

Isn't the World Series thus called due to its (possibly previous) sponsorship though? Whereas this is winning a domestic competition which doesn't even have 'world' in its title.

You're making a run at the title of "World's Best Pointlessly Argumentative Idiot" It's not a domestic competition, so don't worry.

I'm not pushing the point (I'm barely making a point other than Superbowl is a cool enough word without World Champions added) but how is it not a domestic competition?

I meant World's Best Pointlessly Argumentative Idiot, isn't a domestic competition. They're the best football team in the world, they can be called world champions.

ahem...

Spain-win-World-Cup-spain-national-football-team-13769923-800-600.jpg

Those guys aren't even wearing shoulder pads, they'd get destroyed. <_<

that is not a world championship, sweetheart

Um, honey ... what exactly do you call the Club World Cup then ? You know the contest that takes the six continental champions and puts them in a tournament to determine the club champion of the world ?

If that's the case, your photo doesn't depict a world championship either ...

Let's also forget that the competition was originally called the Fifa Club World Chapionship

Now, if you want to argue the merit of it based on the fact that 8 of them are on both teams ... <_<

NHL teams are called Stanley Cup Champions, NBA teams have slowly transitioned to going with NBA Champions, only baseball and football really use the World Champion label with some frequency.

It's much better than even a decade ago.

This is entirely due to feelings of inadequacy. The trophy is nothing special, nothing worth achieving, so they tack on "World Champions" to it in order for it to be special.

The Stanley Cup on the other hand...now that's a trophy.