Euro 2012

Lineker

No Micah Richards, Milner over Carrick and Downing over basically anyone are all shocking decisions.

Can't say I'm too happy with Defoe and Carroll either, personally I'd have gone for Holt and Crouch.

Really? I mean, yeah Milner has fallen out of favour a bit at City in recent weeks but to compare that to the rest of the decisions is a bit silly.

No Micah Richards, Milner over Carrick and Downing over basically anyone are all shocking decisions.

Can't say I'm too happy with Defoe and Carroll either, personally I'd have gone for Holt and Crouch.

Really? I mean, yeah Milner has fallen out of favour a bit at City in recent weeks but to compare that to the rest of the decisions is a bit silly.

Yeah, just don't see the appeal of Milner. Anytime I've seen him this season he's been poor, and I don't think he should go just because he can play in a number of positions.

Yeah, just don't see the appeal of Milner. Anytime I've seen him this season he's been poor, and I don't think he should go just because he can play in a number of positions.

As opposed to the appeal of Carrick who every time I've seen him can pass 5-10 yards either side of him or behind him... when there's no pressure on the ball. And likes to shoot from 25 yards out every time he can despite 90% of the time it going nowhere near the goal.

Milner can run all day, can cross the ball and can start an attacking move with a positive pass.

See, I've never seen Carrick do anything good defensively. His passes forward are great and all, but United don't really have to defend as much as England will, and we don't have Vidic. Whereas Milner is tireless and continues working for the entire game and, like Summ says, he's good in numerous positions.

I don't really see that as an either/or anyway. Parker, Barry, Lampard and to an extent Gerrard are your orthodox centre mids keeping Carrick out. Milner is cover for both wings or the off the striker role.

:rolleyes:

"England's four strikers have scored 52 goals between them, whilst Huntelaar and Van Persie have 59 combined."

So Ronaldo is 6 goals short of that this season, all by himself, and only counting La Liga.pervert.gif

Edited by GoN_

Solano and Milner as interchangeable right back and right winger was amazing. Take that shifty back.

He's excellent at right back! The shifty was because Woy won't ever play him there :(.

Pfft Matt, that's Ashley Cole's position. Nobody takes Ashley Cole's position!

How Lescott made it into the squad I'll never know. His performance against QPR should have been enough to stop anyone picking him.

I guess Terry should never play professionally again after his performance against Liverpool then. Liverpool!