Hamster's BOARD GAME SALE thread!

I've got a friend here in Nagoya who owns a board game store. He sent my game KABOOM! to a publisher guy who he knows but bad timing really as they got taken over by a bigger company <_< I think everything he was checking out got thrown out.

My friend has also used a couple of my free games to game fairs and given them out to suppliers and customers as sweeteners. That's the way to make it in board games really. You really have to pay your dues and get your name out there through self-publishing for a while and then when you have a game that starts getting some serious support you can approach companies. I've got an Athletics themed game which I hope to have perfected before next summer's Olympics.

Katsuya: As a kid I used to play some paper football games with friends at school - rating players out of ten, making teams, transferring them and rolling dice for games. I thought "Hmm, I loved that sit-around-a-table footy banter" and "mmm I love Football Manager". So tried to make the game more involved.

The idea with it is that you can play the core game or add any "modules" that you want including youth team, board expectations and takeovers, loans, cup competitions, discipline and also scenarios you can play through.

Oh, another free game is "Behind The 9" which is a push-your-luck 9 ball pool game. You can play 2 player or solo against "computer" characters who always follow certain potting rules.

Basically you're rolling a 10 sided dice to make the pot but each ball potted makes the next shot slightly harder so you have to play the odds and choose when to play safe as playing from a safety shot makes it harder for your opponent who's more likely to mess up if they attempt a pot.

It's quick, easy and fun and it's the game my Japanese friend was giving out recently so he's got a sleazy Japanese version with manga babes which he did.

English and Japanese versions are in the files section on this page: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/42473/behind-the-9

So we just need "UPDATED Footy Manager Rules 2.1 (May '11)", "Footy Manager Team Squads" and "Footy Manager Game Sheets v.2 (May '11)" to be able to play straight off? *clueless*

Yeah! Team Squads aren't required BUT it's a good place to start as they've got some balanced starting squads to choose from. Those are the three files you'll need.

The rules may take SOME digesting but they start to make sense. Downloading the "Charts" file gives you a quick reference sheet for the charts in the game.

Some guy also made a mode to be played in Excel and some guy was working on an iphone version.

Forgot about one more. I actually made a BASEBALL game (ridiculous I know) which focusses a lot on the bluffing and psychology between the pitcher and hitter. Again it's a freebie but I can put together a copy if anyone wants it.

Check here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/72262/baseball-heroes

No-one's taken to it because I totally forgot to advertise it or talk about it but, my useless art (but free) aside, I think it's pretty decent.

• 2 weeks later...

Right, legitimately who wants to buy a copy of KABOOM! in time for Christmas? I've made Lukie a copy so I've got the parts to made a few more.

Also wonderful news is that I've probably found an artist for Battle Royale. He's done other game work before and his stuff looks pretty good.