The 2012 January Transfer Thread

Crybaby Bunting

Footballers are, by large, chavs with very co-ordinated feet. I wasn't really expecting him to be pictured reading a classic novel or something.

Still, he's potentially a good player who seems to have been written off already because he didn't continue to play like he did in his first two appearances which, as pointed out, came when he was seventeen years old.

I think a loan in a similar vein as Welbeck will help him immeasurably. He wasn't up to much, after a year of competitve football at the Stadium of Light, he wound up coming back into the starting line up at Old Trafford so it would definitely benefit him. I don't mind Macheda, think he could be a talented footballer, but I'm not sure I can be bothered seeing us develop another youngster who isn't our own at the expense of our own players. We have Wickham and Campbell back soon, and Noble coming through, so I don't know if we'll be in for Federico but I know a Premier League team somewhere will be.

That's what I mean, there's no way scummy fake stuff can be helping sales over here.

I actually own a Burburry t shirt though I have had it over a decade, predating its fall. Thankfully no tartan on it, its aged wonderfully. Better than me anyway.

You lot and your Match magazine. I used to get Shoot. One issue I remember was the Spice Girls "special" where they posed wearing their favourite team shirts. Victoria was wearing a Man Utd shirt and her caption was something like "My agent told me to wear this shirt but I wish I didn't, it's horrid. I'd like to be introduced to that David Beckham though - he's well nice."

ESPN is reporting that Everton have signed Landon Donovan on a two month loan again. I'm really looking forward to seeing him back in the Premier League. It's a shame it will only be for two months again, but I've come to terms with the fact that Donovan seems set on playing in the MLS for the long term and only leaving during the off-season. It's a shame that the man who many will say was the best in USA soccer history never made an effort to play full-time in the best leagues. Guess he's still having German nightmares.

IMO the best thing to happen to US Soccer/MLS is the fact that Donovan is who he is while being an MLS lifer.

Even with Duece tearing it up and McBride having done it before and even with our string of goalies, it's Donovan that is the poster boy.

You lot and your Match magazine. I used to get Shoot. One issue I remember was the Spice Girls "special" where they posed wearing their favourite team shirts. Victoria was wearing a Man Utd shirt and her caption was something like "My agent told me to wear this shirt but I wish I didn't, it's horrid. I'd like to be introduced to that David Beckham though - he's well nice."

I was put off getting Shoot at some point in early 1999 when they said something nasty and sarcastic about Arsenal wonderkid Nicolas Anelka and his supposed personality. I don't know why that annoyed me so much as a nine year old. :/

And I would say that they had the last laugh after seeing how Anelka turned out. But they didn't really cause they don't exist anymore and i do. >_>