The 2012 January Transfer Thread

Crybaby Bunting

Randomly watching French highlights. The Rennais striker Kembo has beautiful control. France really should be the next hunting ground for English clubs.

I'd have thought Arsenal would've tapped that well dry by now :shifty:.

Josh McQuoid has joined Burnley on loan from Millwall, should improve our options up front, although unless he's really good, I can't see him being chosen over Jay Rod or Pato (assuming he stays fit). Austin gets started a lot too, but usually does better as a 70th minute sub.

Apparently Blackpool are interested in Crawley's Tyrone Barnett. Gets quite a few goals, so should help Blackpool push towards getting back into the Prem.

Randomly watching French highlights. The Rennais striker Kembo has beautiful control. France really should be the next hunting ground for English clubs.

I would imagine after Newcastle's little 'French revolution' this season, it will be.

Seems an odd thing to get irate about. Can't it be extended yet anyway? Maybe Villa want him back in their team after he gets some games?

It can only be extended to the end of the season if it's done before the window closes, otherwise it's 93 day maximum, I think. It's not really an odd thing to get irate about because what good is it going to do us? He'll take a couple of games to get his match sharpness back, then 2-3 weeks later he'll be fucking off and we'll be left to sign some 38-year-old-never-has-been on a free transfer to play midfield for the rest of the season.

Matt, you guys playing Pompey away on the 25th.. if he scores a winner, I've got a hat you can eat.

I assumed we had a game on that date, otherwise it'd be a really random length of a loan, my point was that it's still not going to get rid of the problem that we'll only have Clayton that's any good for the remainder of the season.

Josh McQuoid has joined Burnley on loan from Millwall, should improve our options up front, although unless he's really good, I can't see him being chosen over Jay Rod or Pato (assuming he stays fit). Austin gets started a lot too, but usually does better as a 70th minute sub.

Injured in the 'Boro game, out for a month I think. Stanislas is out for six weeks too. McQuoid is decent, but I think I'd rather see Ings getting a game or two till Paterson is back to match fitness. He scored a decent goal for the reverses on his 'debut' and looks pretty lively. Can't wait for the Forest match, will be my first away game (tenner a ticket, can't say no to that!)

• Admin
Carlos Tevez's possible move to Paris Saint Germain from Manchester City looks to have fallen through following reports that discussions with the striker's representatives had broken down.

Reports emerged from France on Friday night claiming the ambitious capital club had been unable to reach an agreement with the Argentina international over a proposed switch.

Tevez's advisor Kia Joorabchian had travelled to Paris to meet with senior club officials, including sporting director Leonardo and new coach Carlo Ancelotti.

It is understood the talks are unlikely to be resurrected, meaning Tevez's future remains uncertain, although there is still interest from Italy.

Inter Milan are in negotiations with City while AC Milan, the other club to have been heavily linked with the 27-year-old, recently pulled out of discussions.

There has been speculation, however, that the Serie A champions could resurrect their interest in the AWOL forward before the end of the January transfer window.

Tevez has not played for City since becoming embroiled in a dispute with the club in September following the UEFA Champions League clash with Bayern Munich and is currently in Argentina awaiting a possible move.

Manager Roberto Mancini stated on Friday he hoped the saga could be resolved quickly, but the latest developments may scupper those wishes.

Either way, the Italian admitted the player does not have a future at the Etihad Stadium, stating it would be 'impossible' for Tevez to return.