The 2012 January Transfer Thread

Crybaby Bunting

Well, United are the biggest club in the country. But he still sounds like a bit of a twat. Surely he can't have been that good if City were willing to let him go to a rival club so young. What was wrong with him exactly when you saw him?

You know when Savic gave Tottenham a goal by sending a weak header towards Hart? I counted three of those while watching Veseli. He just didn't seem to know how to pass a ball more than five yards on most occasions. His tackling wasn't THAT bad, but he had a senior player (Kompany?) backing him up a lot of the time. Maybe he was having a couple of off days, I dunno. But based off the US tour, he was never going to make it in the City squad.

Well, United are the biggest club in the country. But he still sounds like a bit of a twat. Surely he can't have been that good if City were willing to let him go to a rival club so young. What was wrong with him exactly when you saw him?

You know when Savic gave Tottenham a goal by sending a weak header towards Hart? I counted three of those while watching Veseli. He just didn't seem to know how to pass a ball more than five yards on most occasions. His tackling wasn't THAT bad, but he had a senior player (Kompany?) backing him up a lot of the time. Maybe he was having a couple of off days, I dunno. But based off the US tour, he was never going to make it in the City squad.

Veseli is a good prospect, why the fuck you would rate him on the two games during a tour is beyond me. There's also talk that he'll eventually become a midfielder as well. Looking forward to seeing more of him.

• Admin
Ryan Nelsen is on his way to Tottenham as a free agent after his contract was cancelled by Blackburn.

The New Zealand defender, 34, has played only once since April following a knee injury.

Lyle Yorks, Nelsen's US-based agent, told the Washington Post: "We settled with Blackburn and have reached agreement with Spurs.

"We're just awaiting clearance. It's for six months, with a one-year option. It all unfolded quickly."

Spurs have confirmed the deal is awaiting international clearance and Yorks added: "[spurs manager] Harry Redknapp has always been a big fan of Ryan.

"When the opportunity came up, it really played itself out."

Christchurch-born Nelsen launched his career in the United States with DC United before joining Blackburn in January 2005.

He has made more than 170 appearances for Rovers and captained New Zealand at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.

Weird stuff, did Spurs want a replacement for Woodgate in the 'playing less games than Lesley King' role?

Also the noises coming out of Blackburn, whether Kean hyping Olsson as a supertwin, promoting Bradley Orr as an experienced player (well yeah, Championship and below), Samba not being happy and Keith Andrews statement on the way out really don't sound good at all.

• Admin

Not really that weird, he's taking Bassong's place as cover whilst he's at Wolves; and from his point of view wants one last big-paying contract (I'm sure he's hopeful that it'll be renewed in the summer) before he retires. Plus I imagine he's fed up of Venky's.

What was the Keith Andrews statement?