Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

So I think we have the winner for my "get bored and spend my wallet cash giving everyone a cheap game" game of the sale: It's a game called Caster, which is $.20. Came out in 2009, apparently. Seems like a good time and it has cards.

Also, Chroma Squad's from the Knights of Pen and Paper folks so I guess I'll be throwing my $2.24 down for that.

It is not a fun game!

So I think we have the winner for my "get bored and spend my wallet cash giving everyone a cheap game" game of the sale: It's a game called Caster, which is $.20. Came out in 2009, apparently. Seems like a good time and it has cards.

Also, Chroma Squad's from the Knights of Pen and Paper folks so I guess I'll be throwing my $2.24 down for that.

It is not a fun game!

Damn.

I heard mixed things before about Dead State but apparently they've been working on it and I think I want it now.

Is it likely to get cheaper than $14.99usd though?

Also when will the Escapists reach this magical low price I was told about on here before, when I said I was going to get it? :P

You don't buy things unless they're a daily or a flash sale. Well you can, but you can't then turn around and moan if they come up cheaper during the sale :P

If they're a daily or flash it's as cheap as they'll be.

• Like 2

You don't buy things unless they're a daily or a flash sale. Well you can, but you can't then turn around and moan if they come up cheaper during the sale :P

If they're a daily or flash it's as cheap as they'll be.

Unless you buy it at the start of a sale, don't touch and then request a refund? Given that -

We do not consider it abuse to request a refund on a title that was purchased just before a sale and then immediately rebuying that title for the sale price.

no harm on doing so at sale time!

I personally couldn't be bothered fucking about with it. Plus I don't know how quick the refunds are, if it takes more than a day or 12 hours to get the refund you could miss the sale, although I guess you could buy it as a gift and gift it to yourself once the refund came through.

They were pretty fast pre-sale to say "yes you're getting it" or "no you're not" and even though I chose the quickest option (not to my credit card, to the Steam wallet) it still takes up to 7 days - so I wouldn't rely on that if you needed to. If you had enough money to buy it again and wait for your refund, I guess.

Witcher 2 for $3.29. Don't mind if I do!

Hopefully I like it so that I can then get into 3.

Does Witcher 2 have controller support?

I think it does. I know Witcher 1 isn't native, but I think 2 is.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2663201

Also, I'm seeing A LOT of games that are $.19. I think I'll do a random draw from my friends list (assuming they didn't buy them) of what to give out. Send me a PM if you're feeling fancy and aren't on my friends list already.

I'm tempted by Rogue Legacy and Octodad but I assume they'll end up in bundles at some point and neither are games I'd typically buy, at the same point I feel disappointed that I haven't bought anything.

So, can anyone recommend a decent game for under a $1? I already grabbed the Caster game that's been mentioned, and I can't afford to spend any money other than the whopping $1.05 currently in my Steam wallet.

Current purchased list:

- Torchlight II

- Hand of Fate

- X-COM and The Bureau

- Child of Light

Found Torchlight and Hands of Fate to be really fun so far - love the concept of Fate, the combat starts off piss easy but does get harder. Downloading Child of Light as we speak (as I type?), it's been on my wishlist for months so can't wait!

Edited by badotori