General Gaming Thread

TKz

I really don't understand this move. People are just going to not bother making videos, and you're going to lose what is basically free advertising.

They seem to think the people watching the videos would by buying the games if not for the videos, so it's their way of trying to make some money back. What they don't realize is that no one who watches these are people that want the game but would buy it if not for the video. It's like 50% people who like the game so want to see the personality play it and 50% people who don't want the game but watch because of the YouTuber.

But yeah, fucking stupid move from a company that needs to get it's shit together. I honestly feel bad for WiiU early adopters, they spent £200 on what'll now be a very expensive desk weight. And probably will be for a year or so.

I don't think it's that they believe people would buy the games, they probably just saw a revenue stream that's escaping them and decided to get their foot in the door. I think fundamentally what Nintendo doesn't understand is that even with a monetized account, I don't think a YouTuber would make enough that Nintendo could take a cut while allowing the YouTuber to continue going. As long as Nintendo offers some of these games via download, which they do, the YouTube games would function as pretty much free advertising, likely better than they would get with their ads (though, granted, for old games, mostly). I think it's shortsighted and doesn't take into account the differences between the internet and a general media marketplace, but confusion as to who their purchasing base is probably isn't a factor.

At least Nintendo is still pretty friendly in terms of the community. Just look at CM Punk Super Mario Crossover or the endless Super Mario World hacks. They could have shut them down like that Square/Chrono Trigger thing.

Some of the moments in L.A. Noire have made me laugh when I choose "Doubt" and the main character screams at the suspect.

Some of the moments in L.A. Noire have made me laugh when I choose "Doubt" and the main character screams at the suspect.

Exactly this. I was thinking "Jesus what's the other option? Take the safety off?" He gets irrational when you least expect it.

Slowly 100%ing L.A. Noire.

Great game, awesome graphics. I don't know how successful it was(probably not), but I'd definitely like a sequel.

No Sequel. Team Bondi closed its doors about 6 months after LA Noire released.

LA Noire was a great game, but it wasn't very replayable, and that hurt its sales I think.

• Like 1

Anyone played the Dark Souls DLC? I've previously considered buying the disc release that has the game + DLC but now the DLC is gonna be on sale next week for Xbox so might as well just get that. Plus, I think there's compatibility issues between the standard game and the one with the DLC so I wouldn't have been able to use my save. Shame there's no new achievements with the DLC though.

I now have 30 Dota 2 keys if anyone wants one

Sell them! They're worth all of 3p!

Also, free copy of Penny Arcade 3! http://penny-arcade.com/static/rainslick-giveaway