Sonisphere UK 2012

DFF

KISS, Queen+Adam Lambert, and Faith No More as headliners. Also booked: Within Temptation, Flogging Molly, Gojira, Mastodon, Wolfmother, Tim Minchin, Evanescence, The Darkness, Refused, Lacuna Coil, Katatonia, Ghost, Fields of Nephilim, Marilyn Manson, Incubus, Cypress Hill and a few others. Thoughts?

I'd like to see FNM again, Manson could be fun, Incubus I'd see but would expect them to be rather boring, Cypress Hill were fun when I saw them but I'm clean now so I doubt I'd feel the same if I saw them again, The Darkness might be fun for pure novelty and I remember hearing a Lacuna Coil song and thinking it was alright... I'm glad I got a Download ticket.

• 1 month later...

Shocking if it's true, but I can't help but feel the organisers shot themselves in the foot by waiting so long to make the first band announcement. Download made its first announcement around three months beforehand, and that's now apparently sold a record number of tickets by this stage of the sales process.

Still, Thrash Hits have been known to drop a few clangers before, such as their insistence that Tool were going to headline Download last year, but this is a much larger kettle of fish.

Edited by Bobfoc

Apparently Queen and Skindred have taken down references to Sonisphere on their website. That they took a long, long time to announce anything (Download and Leeds/Reading announced earlier than usual due to the Olympics and all the other stuff happening this summer) and then produced quite a poor line-up didn't help.

You couldn't let every other festival get the run on you then have such a lacklustre line up to go with it. There were a couple of bands I was interested in seeing ut ultimately not enough to justify going this year even if it is only down the road. Hopefully lessons learnt and back to normal for next year.

Even if they'd announced that line-up before Download, how many were going to buy a ticket? I'm not sure I particularly want any of those acts to take a slot at Download instead, maybe Skindred and Manson but I could happily give them both a miss.

Even if they'd announced that line-up before Download, how many were going to buy a ticket? I'm not sure I particularly want any of those acts to take a slot at Download instead, maybe Skindred and Manson but I could happily give them both a miss.

I'd have taken...

KISS, Queen+with Paul Rogers instead of Adam LambertWithin Temptation, Gojira, Mastodon, The Darkness, Lacuna Coil, Katatonia, Ghost.