Reading and Leeds Festival

Jimmy

Going for the Friday to Leeds and I'm not too bothered about seeing anyone but Foo Fighters but I'll probably watch everyone on the main stage save for All Time Low.

Same. Though I'm also looking forward to The Black Keys, Gaslight Anthem, Eagles of Death Metal and - if I can get to the Radio 1 Tent - The Horrors.

Because I've been listening to every band as per my Leeds tradition, I figured I'll throw in some recommendations for bands to see, let's start with t' first band you'll want to go and see on t' Friday (or Sunday if you're going Reading, but fuck you guys >_>).

Of Monsters & Men

I heard about these, sort of, because a friend of mine had heard them on t' radio and figured I'd be a fan. I was. 'Little Talks' is an absolute summer anthem and it's got me excited thinking how it's going to sound in t' NME Tent on Friday. Lovely male/female vocals, hilariously weird videos and some great riffs from this six-piece indie-pop band from Iceland that my girlfriend believes gives her vibes of Los Campesinos! (Another highly recommended band, first two albums are brilliant, third I didn't mind, but they were great live and with a tremendously charismatic frontman if rather campy). I haven't had time to check out everything by these guys, but songs to check out would be http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghb6eDopW8I, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBtnnZX_jDU,

and
(which isn't on my album, but is on t' US album and they should be playing it live). Oh and 'Your Bones' is brilliant because it reminds me of...well, you'll see when you listen.

Sure, you might want a lie in, or you may think t' heavy hitting Pulled Apart By Horses are a good idea, but if there is good weather, I can't think of a single better band to get me into t' festival mood than this one.

yeah, Billie Joe tweeted something like "what rhymes with shredding!" and pics of a tour t-shirt which says Reading, England on is also bouncing around t' internet. Not a fan of anything post American Idiot but they'd be fucking fun to catch live - really hope I get to see 'em, they'd be a right laugh.

If it's a 'secret' set, I hope it's just a greatest hits/old stuff thing. Or have they got another new shitty album coming out?

New album. Not calling it shitty yet, but one of t' tracks is apparently, "straight up dance music," which doesn't inspire me with a lot of confidence.