Reading and Leeds Festival

Jimmy

Their new stuff is shit, a song called Kill the DJ is complete wank.

Their new stuff is like 36 songs worth and they're for some reason releasing the worst stuff as singles.

Let Yourself Go, Nuclear Family, Stay the Night, Angel Blue and 99 Revolutions are all throw backs to their early sound, while Wild One, Stray Heart and Lady Cobra are more reminiscent of their Foxboro Hot Tubs stuff.

As the band's resident Green Day fan, I can tell you this is equal parts the best and worst stuff they've put out in a long time. Regardless, they'll put on an excellent live show, as that's just what they do. I'm extremely jealous if you're really getting Dookie in full.

all to yourself?

Me and a friend, one 'bedroom' each and the middle area serves as a place to chat if it's raining and we can't sit outside or aren't watching bands.

Green Day have confirmed to play Reading, playing Dookie in full. No date or time revealed it seems.

If this is true, there is no fucking way I'm missing it.

I'm actually weirdly a bit nervous. Easily the biggest festival I've ever been to. I've been to Download several times, but I don't know exactly how it compares in terms of volume of people. Besides, I've not been for years, and I'm used to 2000 Trees now (about 5000 tops).

I'm definitely going to try and catch them, I'd rather see them over any of the headliners, but Kill the DJ and Oh Love are a bit shite. I'd love anything American Idiot and before. Dookie will be sweet.

You say "anything American Idiot and before" that means their entire catalog besides 21st Century Breakdown. Should specify that the other way :shifty:

I'm actually weirdly a bit nervous. Easily the biggest festival I've ever been to. I've been to Download several times, but I don't know exactly how it compares in terms of volume of people. Besides, I've not been for years, and I'm used to 2000 Trees now (about 5000 tops).

2000 Trees is called that because the capacity is 2000 people.

2000 Trees is called that because the capacity is 2000 people.

I've been there every year for the past few years, it's been about 5000 at least the past two years. Might have been why it was originally named, but I'm sure I've heard before it was just a generic "it sounds" good type of thing.

Green Day and Foo Fighters were definite highlights for me. At the Drive In were good, but a bit subdued, the audience didn't give them much outside of the big songs though. Also I think Omar was in a mood, he barely moved the entire show.

Paramore fans can fuck off forever, they were absolute shits on Friday. Thankfully they pretty much disappeared for the rest of the weekend. I'd definitely be in favour of there being an 18+ rule at festivals though. The little cunts were rude, pushy, moshing to hurt each other, moshing at slow songs/non-heavy band and just generally ruining things for everyone else.

Fucking amazing, one of the best weekends.

My favourite band were The Cribs, who completely killed it. The crowd was pretty good, too - other than a cunt who punched my mate cos he was looking for a fight - and they tried to mosh to Back to the Bolthole. But me and all my mates were really into it and they were just so good. My favourite gig.

The Black Keys, Courteeners, Hives, Green Day and Justice were also massive highlights, while having a ton of fun at stuff like Enter Shikari, The Skints, Scroobius Pip, Kasabian Vaccines, Fidlar and loads more. It helped that I was in a good crowd for most of them where fans weren't being massive knobs. Black Keys was quality cos basically a load of us that went were all together and just enjoyed the shit out of it.

Green Day was crazy. I was shocked to see 'em play their olf stuff and how quick word spread that it started at 11 insted of 12 20 like originally planned. We got their at 11 and they closed it off at 11 10 apprently cos it was so busy. I'm not the biggest Green Day fan but they were so so good, only problem being how sweaty it was in there - never been so hot in my life.

Only problem is the stupid craze of moshing to songs that you just shouldn't mosh too. It's just so fucking stupid and people do it to hurt each other and cause problems for other people. Moshing to Black Keys, The Skints and other shit is just pointless, could do with a lot less like that. I think Gaslight was the only gig I went to where there wasn't any moshing, was just more music appreciation.

Also, managed to crowd surf for Kaiser Chiefs against my will, as I tried to leave for a piss and to get a drink, when four men all dressed the same pointed at me, picked me up, and threw me :lol: which was surreal, especially the looks on the faces of my friends as they saw me in the air instead of on the way to the toilet like I said.

Only problem with reading is the lack of quality in the nightlife, but it was fucking incredible all the same.

Awesome weekend, felt good to be back after a years absence.

I too noticed the odd trend of people moshing at inconvenient times. SBTRKT for example, full of testoeroned boys moshing and crashing people who were there to dance. They are an electro/dance act after all. Trash Talk were on at the same time, why not go see them for a mosh instead? Idiots.

Other than that The Hives and Billy Talent were amazing, caught the end of Crystal Castles and most of Foo Fighters, both were good.

Ceremony in the lock up was good, barely anyone there though, go involved in the man pile at the end for Kersed though.

Every Time I Die always put on a good show, and didn't disappoint.

Other bands I saw include The Black Keys, who I found a bit flat on mainstage, not as good at retaining atmosphere, and At The Drive In, who obviously didn't want to be there. Coheed And Cambria were my first band of the weekend, and a good one to start with.

The Silent Disco was a good laugh in the evenings.

On my walk home on sunday eve at 3am, I got a dominoes pizza from the stall for only £1 as they were packing up. Bargain!

Awesome weekend, felt good to be back after a years absence.

I too noticed the odd trend of people moshing at inconvenient times. SBTRKT for example, full of testoeroned boys moshing and crashing people who were there to dance. They are an electro/dance act after all. Trash Talk were on at the same time, why not go see them for a mosh instead? Idiots.

Other than that The Hives and Billy Talent were amazing, caught the end of Crystal Castles and most of Foo Fighters, both were good.

Ceremony in the lock up was good, barely anyone there though, go involved in the man pile at the end for Kersed though.

Every Time I Die always put on a good show, and didn't disappoint.

Other bands I saw include The Black Keys, who I found a bit flat on mainstage, not as good at retaining atmosphere, and At The Drive In, who obviously didn't want to be there. Coheed And Cambria were my first band of the weekend, and a good one to start with.

The Silent Disco was a good laugh in the evenings.

On my walk home on sunday eve at 3am, I got a dominoes pizza from the stall for only £1 as they were packing up. Bargain!

I was really thankful we were in a good bit of the crowd for Justice, cos all I wanted to do was dance and have a good time instead of being crashing into constantly. Sucks this happened at SBTRKT - really wanted to see them, too. But was more bothered about a good spot for Black Keys.

• 11 months later...