Reading and Leeds Festival

Jimmy

I always think people who like The Courteeners must have taken a really bad knock to the head at some point.

R+L seems to have been taken over by lad rock. TITP too. It's such a shame. Both were so good just around five years ago.

Nowadays the only major festivals I'd consider going to are Glastonbury and Latitude.

I'm glad I chose to go last year. This lineup looks a bit....meh. Most of the bands on there that I'd look forward to seeing I saw there last year for the most part. Be cool to see Deaf Havana on the main stage, but I'm not sure how Hacktivist will come across. Don Broco and Lower Than Atlantis being on smaller stages will probably help them out a lot. Other than that there's only a few other bands I'd be interested in, and I'm not bothered about QOTSA/Paramore at all.

Also, Die Antwoord, seriously?

I always think people who like The Courteeners must have taken a really bad knock to the head at some point.

R+L seems to have been taken over by lad rock. TITP too. It's such a shame. Both were so good just around five years ago.

Nowadays the only major festivals I'd consider going to are Glastonbury and Latitude.

You're being silly about the first bit, but totally agree about Latitude. Wonderful festival, tempted to go again this year.

I guess looking at previous years' lineups, there's a lot of bands who've played it before which would turn people off. But, having only seen Imagine Dragons out of all of them, should be plenty of people to see. Oh, and I was underwhelmed by Latitude's lineup tbh

• 5 months later...

Anybody who has gone to Reading or Leeds. I hate you all.... :(.

Also, does the BBC put up highlights for all of the bands, or just a select few? I'm really interested to see how Hacktivist looked on the main stage, but they opened Reading today.

I can't see anything. I know the website has streams and stuff, but I think that's only for the main stage, and it doesn't until 3pm. I just found out Jamie T is playing a secret set at Reading tonight as well.