Paradox games but definitely NOT GAMES OF THRONE

METALMAN

Imagine you're Lord of Deepwood. You marry the woman in charge of Bear Island.

Your heir could then have both. You marry your heir to the young heir of Acorn Grove, or something. Then your heir's future child could have Deepwood, Bear Island and Acorn Grove.

That's on a small level. You can do it high. If you have the Riverlands, marry someone who rules the Vale. Your heir would have both.

Sometimes you may need to.. remove a few heirs before your heir is entitled to what is rightfully theirs.

• Like 5

Imagine you're Lord of Deepwood. You marry the woman in charge of Bear Island.

Your heir could then have both. You marry your heir to the young heir of Acorn Grove, or something. Then your heir's future child could have Deepwood, Bear Island and Acorn Grove.

That's on a small level. You can do it high. If you have the Riverlands, marry someone who rules the Vale. Your heir would have both.

Sometimes you may need to.. remove a few heirs before your heir is entitled to what is rightfully theirs.

Ah, awesome. Thanks.

My main problem is when I try and marry someone in charge they refuse, or if I try and have our children marry, they refuse (unless it's a marriage that will end in the heir belonging to their family)

A lot of the time you'll be setting things up for future generations, especially if you're starting as someone low ranked like Littlefinger.

For example, if you're playing as Ned Stark, due to your marriage into House Tully, the Paramount House of the Riverlands, all your kids get a claim on the entire kingdom, since they have a Tully at the helm. I've had it fairly common that the Starks merge the Riverlands into the North by pressing a claim and winning the resulting war, giving them every single piece of Riverlands land in one go.

With someone like Baelish, without pressing claims, its harder to do it yourself. BUT, as I've done in my diary, you can pawn your kids off to lesser members of the higher houses and then manipulate your way into scoring claims that way.

In my diary, my firstborn daughter is married off matrilineally to some random kid in House Tyrell. The matrilineal part is important if the character is female, as this switches any claims to the mother's dynasty. Due to the marriage type, any claims the random kid gets through House Tyrell will become claims held by House Baelish in the next generation. So if he happens to get a lordship or two in The Reach down the line, which seems likely given the House he's in, they'll both go to the kid of my dynasty, along with all his claims on anything else.

With fabricated claims, you can only press them by going to war, and they aren't permanent. So whilst I've picked up a few claims through fabrication, I can't really act on them as Littlefinger because I don't have a large enough army to press it. My daughters will also lose the claim if it isn't pressed, so they're pretty useless as it happens unless I can find a big enough army. Which is why marrying Lysa Arryn and getting the entire Vale at your disposal is the primary course of action for him, and it annoys me all the more that I couldn't do it :P

EDIT: Summ's answer was way clearer :P

Edited by Stannis Jeratheon

I took most of the south of England for Sweden in a prepared invasion. A few years later, the King of Swabia declared Holy war on me for Somerset.

Swabia is in Germany.

And is landlocked.

Dany rides Drogon.

Her lunatic daughter rides Fellfang.

Her son hatched Bahamuxes.

Viserion and Rhaegel remain wild.

Fellfang is the child of Viserion.

Bahamuxes is the child of Drogon.

Her middle child Shaena is betrothed to me. The only child without a Dragon.

The lunatic with a Dragon is the oldest and will no doubt fuck shit up.

I think the Game of Thrones mod (started Feast For Crows) spoiled something for me :(

And I somehow won a war doing nothing. I decided to overthrow my liege, because why not....and the war score just slowly went all the way to 100%.

I hate this game sometimes.

Carved myself out a nice little bit of land in the south of England, across Anglia (the new trading republic of the North Sea) and into the Midlands, well on the way to being able to crown myself King of England. France declares Holy war for Kent, drops a 23k troop doomstack across the Channel. My 11k troops attack anyway because we're fucking Vikings and that's what we do. Get decimated and my King is captured, French autowin. Fine, take it, Kent sucks anyway.

Four months later, English Liberation revolt. 14k troops to my 4k. Fuck off. Take your stinking island. I'm going back to Sweden where the girls are fair and lustful...

• Like 3

He gets murdered by his own daughter in one of my games.

Irony!

Right now, I started right when Ned's supposed to be killed; I win my trial by combat, delcare my self KING IN THE NORTH, and start making some strong future plans.

Robb marries Margery.

Sansa marries Trystane Martell (Doran's kid)

Arya married Tommen, who 'died', but they have a daughter who has a weak claim on the Iron Throne (Which will be pressed.)

Brandon married Shireen Baratheon, and is Lord Paramount of the Riverlands (Now firmly part of The North)

And Rickon is unmarried, but...we'll see who I can get him in bed with. Hopefully a Lannister or someone important in The Vale, so I can claim either one and extend my little kingdom.

So yeah. WINTER IS COMING!

Edit: Oh hey, Dany accepted marriage between herself and Rickon. That'll work!

Dany is always a solid choice, because if something goes horribly wrong, you can just use her as a Cassus Belli for war against the Iron Throne.

Except when she dies and fucks everything up...

But that's cool, Rickon is now brethroned to the new Queen of the Iron Throne (She's queen thanks to me :shifty: ).