2012 NFL Season

Dan

No one's potentially at risk of injury on a bunt for a hit during a no hitter. There are more than enough plays every week where someone can be hurt in a football game, so bull rushing your entire defense during the "victory formation" is foolish. If/when they hurt someone else's QB don't be shocked if other teams target Freeman purposely. The ultimate irony would be if he was the one QB that got hurt on the kneel down simply because another team is trying to give Schiano a taste of his own medicine.

The unwritten baseball rule that applies here is the one that says if you're intentionally going to hit someone, you don't throw at his head.

That's one of the ultimate team crippling injuries. The past few years he's made that defense elite based on the fact he shuts down half the field on every play. His injury is huge, Jets are absolutely finishing no better than 5-11 and Ryan is now top of my list on the firing block.

That's one of the ultimate team crippling injuries. The past few years he's made that defense elite based on the fact he shuts down half the field on every play. His injury is huge, Jets are absolutely finishing no better than 5-11 and Ryan is now top of my list on the firing block.

Which would be a huge mistake and put them back to being as irrelevant as they were before he was hired.

Which would be a huge mistake and put them back to being as irrelevant as they were before he was hired.

Which is exactly why it will happen.

He didn't get the Ravens job because, while the defense was lobbying for him, there was huge disconnect coming from the rest of the team. Ozzie and Bisciotti worried he wouldn't be able to keep a team together in the face of losing, and that's why he was passed over in favor of Harbaugh. A lot of defensive players love the guy, look at the free agents he's able to lure to play there, but he creates a very adversarial environment among the team itself and in the face of a lost season there is a good chance for a locker room revolt like happened in Baltimore in 2007.

How he handles the team in the face of a lost season will tell a lot about him as a coach.

Mine won, it was pretty great. :D

You have to chill, buddy. We all hate your team, but that doesn't mean we hate you. You're one of the few non-obnoxious Pats fans I know of.

We may mock your team and celebrate when they lose, but it is not meant as a condemnation of you. You're not Chase.

No one's potentially at risk of injury on a bunt for a hit during a no hitter. There are more than enough plays every week where someone can be hurt in a football game, so bull rushing your entire defense during the "victory formation" is foolish. If/when they hurt someone else's QB don't be shocked if other teams target Freeman purposely. The ultimate irony would be if he was the one QB that got hurt on the kneel down simply because another team is trying to give Schiano a taste of his own medicine.

When they outlaw the victory formation, we won't have these problems. I'm with Lint.

Someone on the offense gets injured because they weren't paying attention for that one last play? Their problem and their team's problem. Play until the clock says 0:00 or don't play.

• Like 1

When they outlaw the victory formation, we won't have these problems. I'm with Lint.

Someone on the offense gets injured because they weren't paying attention for that one last play? Their problem and their team's problem. Play until the clock says 0:00 or don't play.

Thanks. All I know is, as an Eagles fan, one of the most memorable moments in our franchise history, the Miracle At The Meadowlands, never would've happened. Its because of that whole thing the "victory formation" even came about

Bit knowing the NFL, one of the owners will complain about it and next season rushing a kneeldown will be banned