2012 NFL Season

Dan

I like it better than the last one, but that's not saying much... :P

Getting some much bigger scoreboards (biggest in the NFL):

29ertrp.png

Jags getting a UK sales exec in the UK, first team in the NFL to do so. Also opening a UK fan base called the "Union Jags"

UNLV plans to build one as long as their arena I read.

So take that everyone in this fool's race. UNLV beats you all.

(and after it's all said and done Dallas probably still will have the best screen because size isn't everything, it's also placement and you don't want it to be overbearing on the fans)

Also black and gold with a little teal? That's like if the Ravens decided to go black and gold with a little purple or the Broncos decided to go blue and white with a little orange (which they basically did for awhile but I'm glad they went back to orange).

The Jags new logo is better than the old one but still shit. Moving from a teal jersey to a black one is a bad call too.

That's about it really guys, we can ignore them until Tebowmania runs wild in Jacksonville in a few months. <_<

Oh and there's nothing comparable to the Jerry Tron, that's absolutely insane

I like it better than the last one, but that's not saying much... :P

Getting some much bigger scoreboards (biggest in the NFL):

29ertrp.png

Jags getting a UK sales exec in the UK, first team in the NFL to do so. Also opening a UK fan base called the "Union Jags"

The concept artist is being really generous - the Jags scoring 10 points? I'll believe it when I see it.

(and the one after is fantastic discussion about what to expect in Super Bowl XLII)

For a setting, this is the point in time where we were all bracing ourselves having to accept the Patriots having a perfect season, hoping for the Packers to beat the Giants in the NFC championship game since they might have had a shot, and discussing both the new coaching hire of the Baltimore Ravens and what they should do about QB.

Here is a post by Be, noted Troy Smith lover:

I can understand why we'd pick Brohm if he were available, but what makes you think we'd pick him over Jackson, over Doucet, or even over Mike Jenkins? Troy Smith's certainly no slouch behind centre, and if given a credible receiving option that is not Todd Heap, I can't see any reason why he can't do well with it; Matt Schaub only had Owen Daniels and Andre Johnson/Davis for the best part of this year, and he wasn't as mobile as Smith was.

B2MFTW on Brian Brohm:

I personally think Brohm is more of Baltimore's style of quarterback. I guess that's highly up to opinion.

As far as Sam Baker going to Chicago, I see him going in the latter half of the first round.

Livid tries to be as wrong as humanly possible :shifty: :

As far as the Ravens are concerned, they'll take one of two positions with their first pick: QB or CB. QB because they obviously need one but if they're pleased with Troy Smith, they may be able to wait on a guy like Joe Flacco and CB because both of their starters aren't getting any younger and they need more depth there anyways. Other than that, they could take a Tackle but they'll probably wait and see if Jared Gaither develops. But they're not going to just stick with Troy Smith and be happy with that and they shouldn't either.

More from Troy "Be" Smith:

But they're not going to just stick with Troy Smith and be happy with that and they shouldn't either.

...because? He only got a handful of games last year, and they were a handful of games where the defense was horrible and the offense was injured. Give him Todd Heap back and his numbers would have looked better...now give him an actual threat at wide receiver and watch his numbers improve. Either we pick a cornerback or we need to pick a receiver, but to waste a pick on a quarterback would be nothing short of kneecapping Smith before he even got a chance to show what he can actually do.

Evil Chase K hinting at how bad of a hire his team's chief rivals have just made (the person quoted is Be):

HAH. Nice move, Al, Lane's a tool if he thinks nepotism's going to work around these parts. Also, Harbaugh's our coach, so let's do the Good Thing/Bad Thing thing on it.

Good Thing: He cut his teeth coaching the secondary and the special teams, which can only be good things around here.
Bad Thing: And he has what head coaching experience? None?
Good Thing: He's the brother of Jim, which means I can keep my team rooting in the same family.
Bad Thing: And he has what coordinating experience? None again?

...oh.

He was the Special Teams Coordinator in Philly. If you call that a coordinator job.

Here's me saying that Harbaugh might be a good coach or he might not be

The hiring of Harbaugh worries me because of his lack of experience, but his ability to be a good motivator and teacher are apparent. Hopefully he becomes a good coach as well, but you always gotta take these gambles to get the unproven guys who may become some of the best. The Steelers did it last year with Tomlin, he was either going to show himself as a good coach or a bad coach. I think he's done a good job. I too think Kiffin's done well in Oakland with limited resources and a terrible owner. On the other hand, this guy could end up like a Cam Cameron or Norv Turner pre-LaDanian.

Here's Be again, noted Aqib Talib lover:

8. Baltimore Ravens

Record: 5-11

Scouts Inc.'s three biggest needs: CB, QB, OLB, DE, OT

Projected pick: Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville

Baltimore hopes this pick puts an end to its seemingly endless search for a franchise quarterback. There's no such thing as a "can't-miss" prospect in the NFL draft, especially at quarterback, and although Brohm is hardly an exception to the rule, he does possess the size, accuracy, pocket presence, intelligence and work ethic to thrive at the next level.

With Talib on the board? No fucking thanks.

And Maxx with a highly accurate Super Bowl XLII prediction:

Well, congrats Patriots, you'll be going 19-0, following what I will predict to be the most incredible choke job in NFL History.

Eli Manning 4 INTs in the Superbowl, over or under? I'll take the over

One of only 4 posts he ever made. As they say, quality over quantity. His post started off a lot of the enlightened, prophetic discussion to follow.

• Like 1